READ FIRST: Build It! Competition

Ah oke then Smile

[Image: MSPDLig.jpg]
Check out my stuff
Current projects: - Wooden duo coaster, tropical themed // B&M sitdown, jungle/desert themed

Justin Wrote:Visit rctgo.net/build-it/upload, login to your RCTgo Account, and fill in all fields, including:
Name for roller coaster
The file

So this means it wouldn't be possible to upload a park-specific design that could not be built on flat ground?
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
(May 12, 2013, 02:23 PM)Terry Inferno Wrote:
Justin Wrote:Visit rctgo.net/build-it/upload, login to your RCTgo Account, and fill in all fields, including:
Name for roller coaster
The file

So this means it wouldn't be possible to upload a park-specific design that could not be built on flat ground?

You can upload a park-specific design, though it might be best to upload the file as a park file instead - perhaps with the coaster as the only thing within the park. Obviously coasters were more scenery and theming tend to do better in the competition - thus a park-specific design might even be encouraged. Wink
What if the coaster is a pre-existing coaster that lives in a park with other coasters that the designer may also want to upload for future contests?
¡Viva Mexico!
(May 13, 2013, 05:52 PM)Terry Inferno Wrote: What if the coaster is a pre-existing coaster that lives in a park with other coasters that the designer may also want to upload for future contests?

I'm not sure, but seeing that the contest is only for single coasters and not a park contest you might want to make another park with only that coaster in it.
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.
^ I would have suggested the same thing. The easiest thing to do might be to open the multi-coaster park and delete all the coasters except the entry coaster, then add a brief explanation of what you've done for those who are judging your coaster based on the incomplete park that's come with it.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

What the others have said is correct: submit a park file with only the coaster being submitted (including the theming for that coaster).
What is the park has a racing coaster that has two tracks and you wanted to enter it into Build it? Do you have to select one track, or can you keep both?
Most recent upload: Shockwave
Featured upload: Depths of Atlantis
(May 16, 2013, 03:56 AM)nerdygeekrct Wrote:
(May 13, 2013, 05:52 PM)Terry Inferno Wrote: What if the coaster is a pre-existing coaster that lives in a park with other coasters that the designer may also want to upload for future contests?

I'm not sure, but seeing that the contest is only for single coasters and not a park contest you might want to make another park with only that coaster in it.

Considering how much of the coasters' ratings are based on specific terrain and scenery, replicating everything exactly to the point where the ratings aren't affected would be nearly impossible.

(May 16, 2013, 06:55 AM)Justin Wrote: What the others have said is correct: submit a park file with only the coaster being submitted (including the theming for that coaster).

Some rides are very closely linked with others, unfortunately. Not to the point to where one coaster literally goes through another (most of the time), but enough to significantly increase (or decrease, if removed) the excitement rating. I could remove all the coasters, but the outcome would be a large, mostly empty park filled with random paths and terrain abnormalities.

Would it be possible to upload an entry as a video file instead of a track or park file?

Or, better idea, I could just save the track without any of the scenery, upload that file (it wouldn't be useful for downloading because of height limits distorted by terrain), and take a bunch of screenshots (and a video if I can figure all that out) of the coaster in its "natural habitat". Is that against any rules?
¡Viva Mexico!
(May 16, 2013, 09:19 AM)sixflagsgr8 Wrote: What is the park has a racing coaster that has two tracks and you wanted to enter it into Build it? Do you have to select one track, or can you keep both?

Keep both tracks, but delete all other coasters & rides. Also delete queue lines and stations of other rides, and leave no evidence that there are were any other coasters there. That way focus will be given to only that racing coaster.
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.