READ FIRST: Build It! Competition

[Image: logo.png]

Welcome to the RCTgo Build It! Competition! Build It! is an ongoing competition that runs continuously - as soon as one winner is announced, the next competition begins. There are up to 52 chances to win in a year! Biggrin

Here's how it works:

1. Submit your entry.
    Immediately after voting is closed and the winner of the previous round has been announced, entries start being accepted. All you have to do is create a brand new roller coaster in RollerCoaster Tycoon 1, 2, 3, or NoLimits - it doesn't matter which - and then upload it at rctgo.net/build-it/upload. The form is very similar to the one used to upload normal roller coasters - however, rather than being added instantly, it gets added as a contestant in Build It! Another important difference: a screenshot is required. This is so the voters will be able to see what your coaster looks like! Be sure to also include the excitement, intensity, and nausea ratings - otherwise your entry will be ignored. Entries close as soon as four entries are received.

The Build It! Competition terms and conditions can be read on that page.

2. Vote for the winner.
    As soon as four entries are received, a poll will be created containing those four entries. If entries close before you go to enter your coaster, tough luck - it will not be accepted.

The poll will include the name of the roller coaster, the description (the excitement, intensity, and nausea ratings), and the screenshot of the roller coaster - but not the author. This way, you can't vote each week for one person - you have to vote based on the coaster.

If your entry is in the poll, you're not allowed to vote.

Voting is always done at rctgo.net/build-it/vote. The voting period will always last 7 days. The day on which voting should close will be announced when voting opens.

3. The winner is announced! The process starts over again.
    7 days after the poll is opened, it will be closed, and the winner will be announced. At this time, entries for the next round of the competition will be accepted.

Order of Events:

On any day:
  • Previous competition's winner is announced
  • Entries are opened for the next competition

As soon as four entries are received:
  • Entries are closed
  • The four received entries will be posted in a poll.

7 days later:
  • Poll closes, winner is announced! Coasters are all added to the downloads center by the Management
  • Process starts over again, as this is also the beginning day for the next competition.

How do I enter?

Visit rctgo.net/build-it/upload, login to your RCTgo Account, and fill in all fields, including:
  • Name for roller coaster
  • The file
  • At least screenshot
  • Description (Excitement, Intensity, and Nausea Ratings)
Be sure to send it in quickly - only the first 3 get in the poll!

You may enter once per competition. Past winners may also enter.

How do I win?

Get the most votes at the end of the poll! But remember - you have to be one of the first four to send in your roller coaster, otherwise it won't be accepted!

What is my reward for winning?

As a winner of the RCTgo Build It! Competition, you will:
Any questions?

Questions about the Build It! Competition should be asked in this thread.

Please note: On June 17, 2010, the name of this competition changed from RCTgo's Featured Coaster Competition to RCTgo's Build It! Competition.
What do you mean gold badge and silver badge?
TO ALL RCTGO USERS
VISIT http://forums.rctgo.net/thread-1461-page...ntest+Tips FOR COASTER-BUILDING TIPS
Once a SuperGoldChicken, always a SuperGoldChicken.
RCTgo's Youtube channel is back online! Check it out here.

Bomb
Sorry, I've updated the post - we no longer use a silver badge. The gold badge would be the one underneath your username in your post, saying "Featured Coaster Winner."

Also, only the winners of the ten five most recent rounds will have their names in gold on the forums. This means that the winners of rounds 1-10 will no longer have their username in gold (unless they have won a more recent round).
I don't see any recent winner's names in blue.
TO ALL RCTGO USERS
VISIT http://forums.rctgo.net/thread-1461-page...ntest+Tips FOR COASTER-BUILDING TIPS

Bomb
And you shouldn't - the winners of the ten five most recent rounds should have their names in gold. Smile
Sorry, what I meant to say was... um... simplified, the winners of round 1-10
TO ALL RCTGO USERS

Bomb
I just changed them all - coasterfreak900, codered195, Jakeo, ExampleChaz, Tellesus, and sillydude123 are the winners of rounds 1-8, and none of their names are in gold. Rounds 9-10 were won by deathfearsnone, but his name is still in gold because he also won round 11.

You can see a list of all of the people whose names are in gold here.
I see. Nice Job Jelly Belly! Do you mind me calling you that?
TO ALL RCTGO USERS

Bomb
(Aug 2, 2009, 09:24 PM)SuperGoldChicken Wrote: I see. Nice Job Jelly Belly! Do you mind me calling you that?

I'd prefer it if you didn't.
Haha, thought so. Sorry... eh... uh...
TO ALL RCTGO USERS

Bomb