Trip Report Central

Great Part 1! I especially really like that third to last photo of Kumali and the buildings Wink
I need a new signature.
Sorry if this is considered a bump, I'm still not entirely sure how this works.

Went to Hersheypark today in Hershey, Pennsylvania. It was actually fairly crowded, whether it just be the weather or the fact that it was opening weekend. Went on Great Bear twice (once in the front row, and once in the back) and both rides were great. The coaster is still fairly smooth considering it's age, and was actually running fairly fast today.

I tried to avoid Stormrunner today. In a previous experience the banking gave me severe whiplash and I ended up having to leave the park. Got a front row seat on Fahrenheit, which was amazing...for the first half. Starting around the cobra roll area the ride gets extremely rough and smashes your head into the harness, which isn't all that enjoyable.

The Lightning Racers were up next. I did one ride on each side and have nothing to report. Still a great ride, but there wasn't anything that really stood out for me. Wildcat, on the other hand, was awful. It would be a great ride if it wasn't for the track, which has gotten unbearably rough.

Didn't ride Laff Trakk as there was over a THREE HOUR queue for it. I don't know about you, but three hours for a family coaster isn't worth it. Ever.

Ended the day on Skyrush, which got new restraints this year. My experience was that the new ones actually hurt MORE than the older ones, but didn't take anything away from the ride itself. Still super intense. Still great. Still hurts.

And that's actually it. I DID take a few pictures, but I'm not entirely sure how to add them into my post, so if somebody could help with that I would greatly appreciate it.

SIDENOTE: I should also mention what was probably the best part of the day. In case you weren't aware, Hersheypark has multiple pond/lake/bodies of water with geese, and for a quarter you can buy some corn to feed them. One of the geese today climbed out of the pond and just started walking down the paths, with crowds of people following it. One of the employees came sprinting out of a restaurant and just started screaming. "DO. NOT. TOUCH. THAT. GOOSE. IT WILL ATTACK YOU. IT IS A GOOSE." and then proceeded to herd it back into the water, with questionable levels of success.
What if, instead of that, we just don't
Okay, here we go. My 2016 trip to Cedar Point.

So we left my house for Sandusky, Ohio at about 7:00 A.M. and drove for 2.5 hours to get to the park. Once we got to the park, we drove around to the back entrance, and got in just as the park was opening. The first thing we did was go straight to Magnum XL-200 because it's right next to the back entrance, and it's what we always start off with. We got a complete walk on. Magnum still is as fun as ever, and we enjoyed ourselves greatly.

Next, it was off to maverick, my all time fave. The wait was about 15 minutes, but just as we got toward the station, the ride broke down, and we left for Millennium Force. We got in line for MF, and only had to wait about 20 minutes. I ended up sitting in the middle of the blue train, but still had a lot of fun. I'll tell you, Millie is 16 years old and still going strong! (yes, that's me in the on-ride photo. The second one is my brother in the orange shirt and my cousin in the blue shirt.)

After MF, we decided to hit Rougarou, because it's right there by Millie, we only waited bout 3 minutes. We had a fun time, but I left the ride wishing they had installed the new vest style restraints. It was still a lot of fun though, and is MUCH better than Mantis. After this, we had to ride Iron Dragon for my other cousin who is a bit squeamish about coasters. We waited about 15 minutes, and it was more fun than I remembered.

Next, we wanted to go do Dragster, which had a 15 minute wait. So we waited in line, and when we were the very next in line in the station, it broke down! (coincidentally, that exact same thing happened last year.) But after about 10 minutes, it was fixed, and we got to ride. I was surprised at how fast that thing goes, not that I hadn't ridden it before, it just surprises me again every year. After this last ride, we ate lunch at a bench outside the park.

That's all for part one, part two will be uploaded soon!
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360