RCT3 Failed to create Direct3D Device

A couple months ago I was playing around with the settings. I changed them for better graphics and the game crashed. When I try to start the game an error appears saying "Failed to create Direct3D Device" and then It gives me two options which both lead to nothing. Ever since I have been trying to figure this out. I know I have to do something with the options file but I am hoping someone could tell me specifically what.
(Oct 19, 2013, 10:42 PM)spursch22 Wrote: .....I know I have to do something with the options file

This comment suggests that perhaps you changed the graphics settings through options.txt. You need to replace the altered options.txt file with the default options.txt file. The default options.txt file would be the original copy of options.txt that was installed with the game that you backed up to a safe place before you made any options.txt changes.

I wouldn’t change anything through options.txt that can be changed in the game. I’ve noticed on occasion that the contents of this file can be unstable in that sometimes the options.txt file will drop some of the data it contains. Always keep a backup copy of options.txt.

After you’ve replaced your altered copy of options.txt with the backup copy see if this fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t help I’ve taken a look at Microsoft website and it says you need to turn on DirectDraw or Direct3D hardware acceleration. If it’s already turned on turn it up to the maximum setting.

I’ve copied and pasted this information off Microsoft website so you can do this:

1.Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2.Click Advanced settings.

3.Click the Troubleshoot tab, and then click Change settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4.Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.

If that fails, you might need to update the video driver or the card, itself. You can typically find the latest drivers for your hardware in the support section of the manufacturer's website.

A word of caution (from me, not Microsoft): if you have an NVIDIA graphics card and you really want the driver for it updated take your system in to your computer repair person so they can do it. Sometimes NVIDIA graphics card driver updates that go wrong are irreversible. When they go wrong and are irreversible they can put your system in a position where it won’t boot.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

None of that worked for me, I am currently running Windows 8.1 software on a HP Ultra Slim 8000 Elite Desktop. Please help!
I know this is kinda old but for anyone having this problem: I was playing RCT3 (Off of Steam) and accidentally changed my integrated graphics which caused my game to crash and wouldn't let me start again. I had the "Direct 3D" problem and was trying to fix it but never did. I went to my Program Files foder and found my Steam folder then found RCT 3 Platinum folder which I obviously clicked. You need to delete the AppCache. I ran it after this and RCt3 works fine again.
Bonjour moi ca me fait le meme probleme mais parce que j'ai mis le jeu en optimisé..... et quand je le lance meme probleme il me met ce message d'erreur... mon fichier options.txt il y a marqué languag: french et First Time 1 voila help please !! Frown Eek
(Nov 4, 2016, 04:59 PM)Vlames Wrote: Bonjour moi ca me fait le meme probleme mais parce que j'ai mis le jeu en optimisé..... et quand je le lance meme probleme il me met ce message d'erreur... mon fichier options.txt il y a marqué languag: french et First Time 1 voila help please !! Frown Eek
Welcome and...

Is this the correct translation? Translator used:  https://www.bing.com/search?q=translator...te&PC=DCTE
Hello me it makes me the same problem but because I put the game in optimized... and when I run it same problem it gets me this error message... my options.txt file it says languag: English and First Time 1 here help please!

I don't speak French, but I used a translation page to try and see what it said. You may need to re-install the game.
I have the same problem, but i dont know how to fix it.
Please note that the last time this thread was posted in was 2 years ago.
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
(Nov 8, 2018, 08:50 PM)The Coaster Creator Wrote: Please note that the last time this thread was posted in was 2 years ago.

Yes i know.
But i want help with the problem. I started by telling people on the SGW Discord. Everyone shamed me.
Then i tried SGW itself. No shaming, but no good fix either.
Then i checked Steam discussions. Could not find a good fix.
Im almost out of hope at this point.
I did this to myself once, only way I could fix it was by reinstalling the game fresh on Steam.
Team CoasterTech