RCT3 FYI: RCT3 Platinum download issues

I have read many posts on the issue of RCT3 Platinum download issues from Steam. I purchased my copy from a different source on line (and saved a copy on my flash drive in case I had issues with my computer). When I purchase Theme Park Studio (Beta) from Steam, I had a few issues and then stopped playing the game. I probably won't purchase anything again from Steam. If I spend money on a game, I don't want to have to connect to a site each time I want to play it. I think because you have to connect to another source the game play will be slow (my experience unless I did something wrong). I don't want to have to download Steam (for example) and then the program I purchased. I have found a few links that may help people that have or had problems with this on different Windows operating systems. I am not an expert and I do not work for Steam. This is based on my own experience. Just do a search on the topic and you will find things to help you. If you do not get it resolved I would contact the place where you purchased it from (usually by email now, I think).

Please note: I used RCT3 Platinum when I had Windows 7 on my notebook. I recently purchased a new laptop computer using Windows 8.1. I've been able to play RCT3 Platinum and older versions of games such as Holye Puzzle & Board Games. * Checking compatibility is always a good idea, but it doesn't always solve the issue.

The downloaded (purchased) version I had saved on my flash drive, all I had to do was click on AutoRun or Setup and there was no problem. I didn't copy the folder to my desketop. I clicked on the folder in my flash drive. Then it installed the game and the shortcut for me. SmileBiggrin

I think in your steam account you have a game library folder (if memory serves me correctly). If you had a problem with the game you previously downloaded I think you can access it again from that folder. I think that is what I had to do one time for Theme Park Studio (Beta).