RCT3 not working with Windows 7.

Don't be scared to use Windows 7. It really is the best release from Microsoft to date.

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise and have never had any trouble running the various games I play including RCT3. I did not need to use compatability mode.

It is important with any operating system to ensure that you have all the latest updates installed for the operating system, hardware and games. This is the ost common cause for having trouble running programs. Try and do a manual windows update. Install all important updates including hardware drivers.
RCT3 works amazingly on my Windows7. I don't see what your problem is.
Try using compatibility mode
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]
In order to have full support of the older programs on windows 7 you really need Pro or better, as Home Premium, Basic and Starter do not have all of the required files to do compatibility mode like it should.
(Jan 10, 2010, 10:32 AM)Libby Wrote: Anyone know how to get RCT3 to work with Windows 7?

[Image: exclamation.png][Image: exclamation.png][Image: exclamation.png]

I have seen one of your comments saying use Program Compatibility. You replied you don't know how to use it. I think I have found what you want. In Windows 7, go to Start, search for a program: "run programs made for previous versions of windows" (type one letter incorrectly, and it wont find it. Do not paste the " marks)

I'm just trying this for myself, I don't know if it will work...Smile
I have RCT3 platinum and windows 7, and it works perfect for me. I dont know why it wouldn't work, win7 is designed to have things from other versions of windows to run programs from other windows systems.

Sorry if I couldn't help...
DiarugaCoasters
^^ Bumpedy, bump, bump down the stairs.

^ And I'm with Diaruga, my RCT runs perfect on win7.
Also, if it is Tages that is not letting RCT3 run, it's because TAGES is not compatible. Get an update from http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm if you want a version compatible with Windows 7

Note to All: Windows 7 is not bad. It works differently to make it better and faster, that may cause problems with interaction from previous Windows. Biggrin
I might be a little "hasty" but: ^ I really don't think that posting that will help. Libby hasn't posted in this thread about "thanks it works". I think (s)/he got it to work. And also, people have their opinions about win7, but I'm with you on that. Also, you really didn't have to bump the thread on your other post.
I'm getting a Windows 7 soon. I'll see how it works for me.
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]