RCT3 Custom Scenarios Questions...

How do you make it stop raining in the custom scenario part of the game? I tried changing the different types of environment, Island, City, etc. But I still have the same problem.

After I delete the park entrance, if I don't have an entrance and just the little green arrow, the peeps
don't seem to come through. Why?

Ii want to try making a street, parking lot and entrance where the cars come in. Do I do that in the space provided? Or can you delete the fence around the parameter?

What's the best way to get the peeps to walk through the entrance you made and not go through the ticket booth when using cs? Does any one have cs that has an actual working ticket booth where peeps get there tickets? The ones I found, all say information...or you have to select another item to open the booth.

you can pm me if you would rather not put a response on this post Smile

Thanks for you help
aecrouch7413
The only way to get rid of the rain is to set the weather to desert. Unfortunately that also comes with high temperatures, besides which one will still get the rain but only very, very rarely. I guess the reasoning behind this is so we can be sure there’s always an opportunity for the guests to buy umbrellas. I would rather have a cooler climate with almost no rain.

I’d also like no sunrise flash and no sunset/sunset flash which comes even though the game is set to day mode only.

Since the advent of custom scenery I don’t use umbrellas or night mode. It’s not possible for the CS artists to all weld their scenery models in a uniform manner and I’ve been so many times disappointed selecting just the right lights to beautifully finish off that spot in the park and finding that when night comes the lights are red, green or a harsh yellow.

To get park guests, if you’ve deleted the park entrance and still have the green guest generator arrow in place this should make no difference. The guests should continue to generate at the arrow. If you delete the arrow that comes with the game and place it somewhere else then the guests should generate at your newly chosen arrow location without any problem. It’s been awhile since I’ve actually used a guest generation point but I seem to remember that it’s possible to have up to four guest generation points but only two of those will generate guests while all four will allow departure from the park. This is something you’d want to consider if you have more than one guest generation point.

Sometimes one won’t get guests if one removes and then later replaces a guest generation point in an existing park, especially if that park is already well established. Try recreating this situation in a new sandbox so you can observe that it works with your installation.

If you have a problem with guests not generating in an existing park and you really don’t want to abandon that park you can delete the guest generation arrows and the guests will appear about the paths at random.

If you choose scenario editor from the tools menu you can expand the size of your park up to 254x254 tiles. The fence will move out automatically after you set the land so that you own it. The fence will only surround land that you own. It is not possible to build on land that is not owned or to build on land for which you have no building rights. If desired you can remove the fence so that the park boundary doesn’t show. Up until a year ago my parks always started out at 254 x 254. Now that I'm seriously using CS and CTR's I've had to cut the park area way down from that. Most times the default 128x128 park is too small for what I want to eventually put into it but an experienced park builder really can’t get by with less than that.

Unfortunately all of us get to the point where we realize we can’t have a park at maximum size that’s pimped out to capacity with CS so choices of elimination will have to be made early in park design so as to strike a balance on what you want to actually have in the completed park.

If you wish to have a ticket booth that the guests actually use you need to download the invisible stalls, build your ticket booth and place the invisible stall inside your ticket booth. Although it’s called an invisible stall the vendor is still visible and what you’ve built will look and operate like a ticket booth. To the best of my knowledge there is no stall available from which guests can actually buy tickets. The way around this is to open the invisible stall menu, select the stall type that you want, drag over an item to add one more to what’s available to buy, then type in to name that item “ticket.” This way when you look to see what the guest has in his hand the game will say he is holding a ticket. However, if you do this with the coffee stall for example, although the game shows in writing that the guest is holding a ticket when you zoom in to find that guest to see what the guest is holding he will be holding a coffee. Also, just like the other merchandise from the other stall types, guests will be able to choose whether or not they buy a ticket – one can’t set a stall so the guest has to buy from there.

In the interim before you get the invisible stalls, or if you choose not to use them you can use the information stall, drag over the available to buy menu to add one more item and name that item “ticket.”
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Apr 24, 2014, 06:41 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: The only way to get rid of the rain is to set the weather to desert. Unfortunately that also comes with high temperatures, besides which one will still get the rain but only very, very rarely. I guess the reasoning behind this is so we can be sure there’s always an opportunity for the guests to buy umbrellas. I would rather have a cooler climate with almost no rain.

I’d also like no sunrise flash and no sunset/sunset flash which comes even though the game is set to day mode only.

Since the advent of custom scenery I don’t use umbrellas or night mode. It’s not possible for the CS artists to all weld their scenery models in a uniform manner and I’ve been so many times disappointed selecting just the right lights to beautifully finish off that spot in the park and finding that when night comes the lights are red, green or a harsh yellow.

To get park guests, if you’ve deleted the park entrance and still have the green guest generator arrow in place this should make no difference. The guests should continue to generate at the arrow. If you delete the arrow that comes with the game and place it somewhere else then the guests should generate at your newly chosen arrow location without any problem. It’s been awhile since I’ve actually used a guest generation point but I seem to remember that it’s possible to have up to four guest generation points but only two of those will generate guests while all four will allow departure from the park. This is something you’d want to consider if you have more than one guest generation point.

Sometimes one won’t get guests if one removes and then later replaces a guest generation point in an existing park, especially if that park is already well established. Try recreating this situation in a new sandbox so you can observe that it works with your installation.

If you have a problem with guests not generating in an existing park and you really don’t want to abandon that park you can delete the guest generation arrows and the guests will appear about the paths at random.

If you choose scenario editor from the tools menu you can expand the size of your park up to 254x254 tiles. The fence will move out automatically after you set the land so that you own it. The fence will only surround land that you own. It is not possible to build on land that is not owned or to build on land for which you have no building rights. If desired you can remove the fence so that the park boundary doesn’t show. Up until a year ago my parks always started out at 254 x 254. Now that I'm seriously using CS and CTR's I've had to cut the park area way down from that. Most times the default 128x128 park is too small for what I want to eventually put into it but an experienced park builder really can’t get by with less than that.

Unfortunately all of us get to the point where we realize we can’t have a park at maximum size that’s pimped out to capacity with CS so choices of elimination will have to be made early in park design so as to strike a balance on what you want to actually have in the completed park.

If you wish to have a ticket booth that the guests actually use you need to download the invisible stalls, build your ticket booth and place the invisible stall inside your ticket booth. Although it’s called an invisible stall the vendor is still visible and what you’ve built will look and operate like a ticket booth. To the best of my knowledge there is no stall available from which guests can actually buy tickets. The way around this is to open the invisible stall menu, select the stall type that you want, drag over an item to add one more to what’s available to buy, then type in to name that item “ticket.” This way when you look to see what the guest has in his hand the game will say he is holding a ticket. However, if you do this with the coffee stall for example, although the game shows in writing that the guest is holding a ticket when you zoom in to find that guest to see what the guest is holding he will be holding a coffee. Also, just like the other merchandise from the other stall types, guests will be able to choose whether or not they buy a ticket – one can’t set a stall so the guest has to buy from there.

In the interim before you get the invisible stalls, or if you choose not to use them you can use the information stall, drag over the available to buy menu to add one more item and name that item “ticket.”

Thanks for all the great info...very helpful Smile