RCT3 Wont start in windows 8.1

Hi I bought RCT3 platinum off the steam store a while back and it worked fine on my old computer which was a windows 7 computer but when I try to play it on my new computer it crashes every time wont even get to the main menu, I have tried running compatibility mode for both steam and the game it self and both no luck. seems like allot of people are having similar issues and yet none have solved my problem so far as I can see. Please help i think this is a great game.
Is it freshly installed or have to copied your custom content to it?
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(Jul 31, 2014, 05:32 AM)Clateman Wrote: Hi I bought RCT3 platinum off the steam store a while back and it worked fine on my old computer which was a windows 7 computer but when I try to play it on my new computer it crashes every time wont even get to the main menu, I have tried running compatibility mode for both steam and the game it self and both no luck. seems like allot of people are having similar issues and yet none have solved my problem so far as I can see. Please help i think this is a great game.

Just to let you know, I am using RCT3 Platinum on Windows 8.1 on my new computer system and it works well. However, I did not purchase the download version from Steam (through Amazon). I found a few articles that may help you with your situation. (I've read about many people having the same situation as you. Here are the links: (I hope it helps) (You may have already seen this, but I shared it just in case.)

Steam Support - Windows Vista, 7 and 8
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-ifhz-2170