Hi Guys! I'd like to reintroduce myself.

Hello!

I am nerdygeekrct, a member who went offline more than year ago without notice. Really, I did not have intention of leaving, but school has got me really busy, and I had lots of endeavors as well - attending film seminars, discovering other games, et cetera - and I wasn't able to go back for more than just quite a while.

But recently, I rediscovered my old RCT3 copy after I rediscovered the sim game and tycoon genre. I had gotten hooked again. I was happy I kept a backup of all my CS sets and old parks, and in a moment I had a flashback of my past in the game.

So, I wanted to come back here and so I did. Hello everyone!

--- If you're comfortable with reading a really long history of why I wanted to log in again, proceed, but not everyone likes reading that long and that's okay Biggrin ---

I began planning a sequel to Broken Down, one that had a bigger emphasis on financial micromanagement and trying to pay off a loan higher than what one starts off with, plus a big extended universe with challenges and a short film for a backstory (partly inspired by my journey through indie film, but I have not finished a released film yet so don't ask haha), and I was wondering where I could post it to. Originally I wanted to start anew in a forum, but I remembered I had an account in RCTgo.

So, yep, I began reading my old posts and threads, and kept up with updates in the community. Theme Park Studio began to look so promising I'm postponing my Coastline project until I get a copy since a coaster curving along the shore would be so much smoother there. alexwohlbruck became Blu. Aside from that, not much has really changed, and I began to felt one thing I have not felt in this magnitude even when replaying RCT3 after more than a year - nostalgia.

I was originally planning to update my account as soon as my candy-themed scenario, inspired by a PM suggestion from RCTgoMatthew, but as I read more into the forum and my old activity - spam protesting thread, BuildIt, scenarios, greeting newcomers with a pretty much uniform message detailing what CS means - I could not take the nostalgia rush. I wanted, no, NEEDED, to come back here and at least join the fun once more.

Here are some of my plans that I'd really like to share: I'm overhauling the candy scenario as originally suggested by RCTgoMatthew, but although it's a kiddie type park the story behind what happened is rather... dark. After that comes the aforementioned successor to Broken Down, then a unique scenario that forces players to build a big park with 5 coasters in a park size that would be almost impossible to fit a single coaster in, let alone 5.

As mentioned earlier the successor to Broken Down is a really grand ambition - the backstory is presented as an entire short film, but unlike Broken Down the backstory directly affects the gameplay through financial micromanagement, challenges, and even an implementation of attempted corporate sabotage. I'm working on balancing foremost, however, so please don't expect it to be done very soon, the Candy themed one will be released first I guess.

All that aside, I really miss this forum really much, and my excitement to be back here is clearly visible through my really long text. So, hello again everybody! I'm glad to be back here again.
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.
I watched you video 13 - The Coaster - Day POV
Very nice work. Loved the video and the music. If you have any of the old custom scenery sets, would you mind sharing them. It would be great. Thanks in advance.
(Jan 21, 2015, 07:22 AM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: I watched you video 13 - The Coaster - Day POV
Very nice work. Loved the video and the music. If you have any of the old custom scenery sets, would you mind sharing them. It would be great. Thanks in advance.

Thank you! PM me with what you need in particular and I'll search up my folders if I have it - that is if the links I posted in my CS list as part of the 13 download aren't up anymore.
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.