[WIP] Sterne-Feuer - B&M Inverted (2nd Generation)

Hi guys!

This is the project I've been waiting for :P
It's a major coaster to test my skills in RCT3.
It's totally different from my last inverted coaster Thunderbird, and improved from Thunderbird! Biggrin

I'm doing my best to create a ride inspired by Nemesis.
I'm using a lot of CS to make this as realistic as possible (Btw, I'm pushing back my woodie on hold for a while), so anyways, I hope the result is great.

Sterne-Feuer is German for Star Fire. I thought that Star Fire sounded cool, and it also fits in with the colors on the ride. But the coaster name is my least of concerns for the ride. The decision on my coaster was easy. Nemesis is amazing, I make a Inverted coaster like Nemesis.

These graphics are great:
[Image: 9bIiZYs.jpg]

Here is an overview so far:
[Image: Ix2I5LS.jpg]

I'm not planning to add any type of scenery (i.e. water, lava, rocks) for a little bit because I want to finish up the terraforming first. So with that, the theming will of course be to an Alpine Village with the feel of Nemesis at Alton Towers, and I will try to represent the feel of Germany also, because that's the country I'm kinda going with for this.

More updates coming soon! Feedback is welcome.

Regards,
-chimalion70005
I need a new signature.
That layout looks a bit odd, I guess that it will look better with scenery...
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
Looks a bit short and the station looks extremely plain.
Twitter - Twitch
Who needs realism when you have creativity?
Don't kill yourself kids!
(Apr 26, 2015, 08:23 AM)invadazimrocks777 Wrote: Looks a bit short and the station looks extremely plain.

The reason for the station is because I haven't zoomed on it enough. Once I take another photo it will look much better Smile
I need a new signature.
You should Improve the Logo and also the thread title!

"Sternenfeuer" is the translate of "Starfire"
"Sternen Feuer" would be "Stars Fire"

If you go for "Nemesis" style from Alton Towers you should learn more about it why they build Nemesis like it is. Currently the layout don't fit that good.
It starts with the hidden Station between the tracks. The Station should be near a mainpath and the track itself interacts only with the terrain/foliage any maybe sometimes with itself. But not with the path like what you build here.
The Zero-G-Roll over the path could work, if the loop after it would be much deeper in the ground.
So that the loop can't be really seen from the path completly, only the top half.

Small Inverters don't need that drop between station-lifthill, especially if it's supossed to be a terrain-layout. Use a small 180° curve, thats enough.
The Transfer make no sense, in either way.
If you go for realism, take a look at the technic stuff of coasters and learn how they work.
Than try to rebuild it in RCT. It can be helpful to pre-build some parts for coasters.
Infact of the train-size you can use these pre-builds more than once. Wink

Sry, but if it comes to B&M Inverters i'm hypercritical because they are my type of coasters.

If you go for german architecture you should think about it which one.
Different places uses different styles of architecture.
Currently your Belltower/Church station looks completly not german like.

Some Church examples that we have in Germany
St. Candiliuskirche, Kentheim
[Image: csm_St_Candiduskirche_Kentheim_290920010a.jpg]
Frauenkirche, Munich
[Image: Frauenkirche_Munich_-_View_from_Peterskirche_Tower.jpg]
Pfarrkirche St. Sebastian, Ramsau
[Image: Ramsau_%28ja%29.jpg]

The colorscheme is allways a taste thing, currently the colors aren't mine. In my opinion they don't fit with the name. I would go for darker track colors and light ones for the trains.
So the track represents the dark sky and the trains could be the stars on fire.

Sorry for this negative feedback, but this isn't your first creation, so the level should be much higher.
So you're skills should be that high that you could build better than what we see here.

I would build the landscape first and create random some hills, than i would start with the layout itself.
It's easier to work with an existing terrain beneath a track so you'll see better if the coaster becomes "flow" or not. When you build the layout first it's much harder to become a natural looking one.
I did the same mistake by my own in the past, because i played to much RCT2.
In RCT2 its better to build vice versa, track first, than landscape. But in RCT3 landscaping is that complex that it's better to start first with some terrainwork and than build a coaster around/over it.

But i'm looking forward and i think you can improve yourself. Smile

So long, Cobra
Keep it everytime fair and with enough respect for each other!