RCT3 Help finding files

Hi.

I just bought a new PC - have installed RCT3 - all good.  

I have then tried to copy all my CS files, scenarios etc etc from my old laptop onto my new PC.  I've copied them in bulk (ie the whole folder) so that I didn't miss anything.  However when I open RCT3, there are obviously files missing.

Once the game has loaded, I get the message "failed to open file, check it is not read-only, you may have insufficient permission rights, or the hard disk may be full"  I click on OK 4 times, so there are at least 4 files it can't load.

When I go into sandbox and go into the list of saved games, it comes up with the same message (only once this time!)

I'm not sure which files are unavilable (it doesn't tell you that - useful!)

Is there any way of finding which files it can't find.   I loaded a game and one of the coasters wasn't there - everything else was - supports, paths, station - but no coaster.  I can't remember which it was so no use trying to find it in the file list.

Any help out there please Smile

Thanks

Nick

I think I may have located some of the missing gaps. It's amazing how spread out the files are on your hard drive. All over the flipping place!

Same problem occurs, but I did recover one of the coasters into a game so I'm getting there Smile Any help still appreciated. Thanks
Congratulations on the new pc! Can I ask what system you are running on? There could be a number of different issues going on. But this is my best guess based on the information you provided....
1. Make sure your Atari folder on hard drive is not corrupted.
2. I would go to your style/themed folder and double check your folders to make sure there are no read me files, or anything else that shouldn't be in there.
3. If you had copied your "Scenario" folder to your hard drive, it may cause issues to your game. Make sure your "Scenario" folder is put into documents/Scenarios.
4. Are you running the game from Steam?
5. Depending on your system you may have to make some adjustments through "administration" on your own computer (but I'm not 100% sure without seeing the file) If your running on Windows 10 I have no idea. If you are on Windows 8 or 8.1 I might be able to help you more.
6. Check compatibility mode.
7. If you can give me a link to the scenarios you have I may be able to help you further. If I miss-understood you I apologize.
I had a problem similar to this, aecrouch option #5 is what I had to do.

If that doesn't work then you will have to do the ole download check. Remove about half the downloads, see if any of those don't work, then cut that list in half and use process of elimination after that.

Since you just bought the computer, I strongly bet it's something with the "Administrator" settings.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
Thanks guys - I'm not a particularly techy person, so sorry if I appear a bit stupid!

System is HP 27-k475na (touchscreen all in one)
Windows 10 version 10.0.10586 build 10586
Intel i7-4790T @ 2.7 GHz 4 core
12 GB RAM

The game worked without any problems as a fresh install, it's just a problem since I tried to copy all the files. I'll have a go at some of the solutions you suggest, although I'm not sure what you mean in #5 as I don't know what alterations to make.

I did make a few omissions when I first tried to copy the files, but I've since been through all the Atari RCT3 folders on my laptop to check if they match exactly those on the PC and as far as I can see they do match.

I copied via group share, and it asked for admin permission which I gave - could this be where the fault lies?

Also - when I go into sandbox and try to load an old game, it scans for 142 files, then comes up with one single error prompt. I don't have 142 saved games (around 86 I think) so what is it scanning when it says checking files?

Thanks again. If all else fails maybe I'll have to just download all the additions (which will be a nightmare and I'll probably still forget some that are in the saved games.

Nick
You got a nice computer there! But, I'm not familiar with Windows 10. I'm on Windows 8.1. Hopefully, there will be another user who is playing the game on Windows 10 and can help you more. Either way, I hope the issues are resolved (or will be).
Hello! I too have Windows 10 as my OS and have copied my Atari files over from another computer, although I did it via USBDrive not the group sharing system (If I had to take a wild guess I'd blame this for the issues, I never use it because it ALWAYS results in some kind of problem for me). Windows 10 is 100% compatible with RCT3 so there isn't an issue there, I know it'll be a pain but copy all of the files from your first PC onto a USB and then copy them over your Atari folder on your new PC.

Hope this works!
Team CoasterTech