Vote for your favorite track! Round 221

Hi Terry

You should see that Scarlet Kingsnake only features three brakes whereof the first and second are nonessential, the rest are block brake sections to make sure that the coaster is secure. The first brake (the one between station and lifthill) is there since the lateral forces in the following unbanked curve are a little high for a family coaster. The second reason is that it's unpossible in RCT3 to reduce the train speed while leaving the station.
____ Scarlet Kingsnake – POV: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3yt3nQ5Bg ____
I determined, and I think Kingsnake wins it by a hair over Lizard.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
Split Image takes my vote. Whoever makes these split coasters is awesome at it!
I need a new signature.
@ Chimalion, it's HLH3. He's gotten second place twice with his splitting coasters. Every time, he is just overlooked by just a bit. Otherwise, he'd already have two wins.

@ Terry, I created this on Aura Valley, and I BARELY had enough money to finish the ride. (I had less than $500)
Yeah, I have a lot of brake runs, but, I do this to slow a ride down, or add more trains to a ride to add efficiency to a coaster. (Block brakes) After that first drop, (I believe) has block brakes, the second is to slow the coaster down, third, the same, and fourth, the final block brake, which equals 3 trains. This was one of the best coasters in that park, and still is. If this park had been a pay-per-ride, I would have EASILY had enough to add more hills. I'll do better the next time.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
@BlazingEmpireHD - Reasons to either extort your guests into oblivion or build without cash limits lol

As for my thoughts, yes it took me the entire week lol -

Green-Backed Lizard - While as Terry pointed out this ride is a bit short for the amount of break runs it has it is still what I'd call a near-flawless RCT2 project. It has great scenery, foliage is all accounted for (including shrubbery I might add which is a nice change of pace lol), and the layout is a pretty good one from the looks of it. My only complaint is that the ride directly touches the ground multiple times which, as most of us know, is VERY bad for the coaster from a realistic standpoint.

Split-Image - Yet another great splitting coaster, the support work on all of these is really quite admirable, keep up the good work Smile. After really looking back in depth on this (I originally was going to pick it to win) I really noticed how much green was open underneath the track. While looking at the screenshots and watching the POV the first time I really didn't notice it but this coaster is really lacking quite a lot of foliage - AKA ground shrubbery (I'm probably starting to sound a bit like Silvarret preaching about plants all day long XD). I'd give this a solid second as it is almost there, yet is lacking the final touch up.

Scarlet Kingsnake - Cousin to Green-Backed Lizard by chance? Quite interesting to see two HTC's go up against each other in the same round. Unfortunately I believe the Kingsnake's older cousin has it beat by a little bit, although I do applaud the Kingsnake for being a VERY well put together coaster for having all vanilla components save the supports, well done m8. Also does anyone find it strange that both SK and GBL both have the same issue of coming into direct contact with the ground?

Gannet - I absolutely love this coaster and the idea of it, however I feel that not only was it entered in the wrong round, it's a shame that it doesn't/can't have scenery other than trees around it as it would greatly enhance the ride.

In the end my vote went to GBL, perhaps out of nostalgia... I do really feel that it and Gannet are the two best of this round, although Gannet simply can't compete with other entries that have full (or near full) scenery because it just adds soo much to those rides.
Team CoasterTech

Can I ask why everyone's so obsessed with Green Backed Lizard?
I mean its a well done coaster,the supports and the station are good, but I think for an RCT2 coaster to have a chance against 2 solid RCT3 coasters and a great NL coaster, it needs to have some more theming
Honestly it couldve been all out jungle theming on this ride, with jungle trees and animatronics and everything else, but it just seems like a very general ride and didnt live up to the potential with the name and the possibilities
Tbh Blazing Empire you've improved a lot, this is a good coaster, I just dont think its outstanding enough to win such a tough round of build it
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

@ Nave, I never said I would win. I hardly think I'll even get 3rd Lol. Even if I have one of the best RCT2 (which, I DO NOT), if there is ANY excellent or even good (persay) RCT3, NL1/2 coaster, I'm automatically out. Whether I ever win again, I don't care. I still like to see competition. To me, I think HLH3 has been second 2 times already, barely beaten out, he I would definitely say, has the best coaster here and deserves the win. As for me, to the drawing board.

@ Chris, I don't normally use a scenario without money, as to me, it feels like 'cheating' if you build like an 80k ride in a no money scenario. I built Green Back in Aura Valley, where you have money. I like the challenge of using money. (Even though it is an absolute PAIN when you run out). 

As for on the ground stations, I am working on a couple coasters, one I showed you about, and some more to come. I think the reason I put it on the ground is I HATE HATE HATE having to fiddle and piddle around with the scenery to go in the right spot. Can ya not see where I come from? Other than that, I love creating coaster. LOVE IT!

I also AGREE with you Nave, I always try and put AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE without exceeding the amount you can hold when you save the track design. Paranoia? Yes. Even if I had done the best to my ability, some RCT3 guys here, Wilhelm, Siverret, ect... Maverick and more for NL1/2, when there is a coaster 'that' good, you pretty much CANNOT deny that one of them, not me, will win. I'll win eventually, but it'll be some time. And more at the drawing board. Wink I also think some people tend to go for Nostalgia a lot. CHRIS. Imagine if RCT2 were like NL2, it would almost ALWAYS win. 

Oh and Chris, the names were TOTALLY by chance! Lol, I literally was reading them, "So, Green Backed Lizard then Scarlet Kingsnake, Split Imag, wait what!? Oh wow, lol." Scarlett and GBL are as Chris puts it 'Cousins.'
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
I never said that you said you thought you would win, I know you're humble, which is a very good quality
I was just kind of questioning chris on why he voted for it
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

@Nave - Gannet was personally my favorite this round and if it were in a different round I'd have voted for it hands-down. Unfortunately I can't because it just doesn't compare to coasters with scenery. SK is a VERY well done vanilla HTC as I've stated but I don't think it quite competes with Split Image or GBL simply due to a few issues it has (touching the ground, bit slow, need of block brakes to act as boosters) not major issues but enough to where it isn't quite there. When it comes down to the last two maybe it is just me being nostalgic but I do like GBL more than Split Image, or maybe it's just the fact that one has ground shrubbery while the other doesn't XD. To be honest I'm not really sure why, but I do like GBL more than Split Image.

As for the part about HLH3 being due for a win, while yeah you probably do deserve a win after your second placers that probably were worthy of a win Justin made this competition anonymous with the express intent of having us vote for the coaster, not the builder.

So there you have my reasoning behind my vote.
Team CoasterTech

@ChrisMDB, the reason you are seeing so little shrubbery below the track is that I have been running up against the memory limits in the game. A park file after the ParkCleanUp utility needs to be no more than 4 meg in size. I have researched the LAA utility and will be installing it today.

My next Build It entry is ready to submit and the video is already on YouTube. (New video online now).

Will be taking a break from the Splitters for a build or two. Working on a another coaster type not seen before in the Build It rounds. For the Splitters I spend a week or more just doing the supports. And then tweek them as I build the station and other support structures. I have at least 5 more splitters planned and started at this time.

Thanks to all of you who have commented on the tracks I have submitted so far.