Vote for your favorite track! Round 232

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 232 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Cotton Tail

[Image: 570d9e6605bdf.png]

#2: Mystery Forest

[Image: 570d9ea6d0813.png]

#3: Mongoose

[Image: 570daf0292acc.jpg]

#4: Rainbow Revival

[Image: 570dd0738c7e7.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Wednesday, April 20
Nothing against Rainbow Revival but I thought coasters were supposed to have some kind of theming on them now... (which it clearly does not other than paths and glass stations). I'm not posting CC or deciding on my vote yet, it's too early for me to think.
Team CoasterTech

Woo what a round!
(Still no Wilhelm)
Cotton Tail- Looks pretty good might have a good shot cause NoLimits, really have nothing else much to say
Mystery Forest- Got my vote, this coaster is obviously super detailed and intricate and exactly what I look for in an RCT2 build it entry, well done
Mongoose- Another good RCT2 entry, I love the terrain work, just isn't as great as Mystery Forest, but a good job none the less
Rainbow Revival- As someone who has built a 4 way dueler, I can truly appreciate the work that goes into making a 6 way dueling coaster. However, there is no real scenery or theming, if you had added even some, this would've had my vote, but because of the lack of scenery I cant vote for it
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

@Nave - Mongoose is RCT1 m8.

Anyways, I guess it's time for my CC.

Cotton Tail - Looks good, surprisingly smooth for the type of coaster it is, pretty good coaster. I can't help feeling it shoulda been named Jack Rabbit though.

Mongoose - Another one of your RCT1 entries __________. About the same as the others, so I have the same CC that doesn't apply because you aren't editing them.

Mystery Forest - Looks good, I just wish the screenshots were closer up. Don't really have any suggestions.

Rainbow Revival - You need to add scenery, I honestly don't care how ridiculous the coaster is, but for you to have a complete coaster if needs both a good layout and good scenery. Although honestly with the size of this I would have liked it if you simply gave it a station and put foliage around it.

Still haven't voted, I might later.
Team CoasterTech

WTF? At the home page it sais: "Today is the last day to vote!" when Justin is saying that this round will close on Wednesday, April 20. Confused
Could you, Justin, fix that soon please? It's confusing me! Confused
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
I voted for Cotton Tail..
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
(Apr 13, 2016, 07:21 AM)ChrisMDB Wrote: Nothing against Rainbow Revival but I thought coasters were supposed to have some kind of theming on them now... (which it clearly does not other than paths and glass stations).

Yeah, I decided that it was good enough because it wasn't just one coaster.

(Apr 13, 2016, 10:18 AM)SupraTheHedgehog Wrote: WTF? At the home page it sais: "Today is the last day to vote!" when Justin is saying that this round will close on Wednesday, April 20. Confused
Could you, Justin, fix that soon please? It's confusing me! Confused

Sorry, must have forgotten to change the date when creating the poll. It's fixed now, though! Smile
Yeah, I can understand why you might let rainbow revival in. I mean, its a real heck of a coaster!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Cotton Tail - The layout is unusual for a modern coaster, but appropriate for one built in the earlier part of the 20th century, which, judging by the paint texture used and the fact that it resembles other coasters from the early 20th century named after rabbits, is presumably the era this coaster represents. It interacts well with the terrain, and Peter's "hopping" is well-executed through the use of descending bunny hops throughout the ride. The environment is complete, and I have no changes to suggest at this time. However, I'm slowly growing tired of seeing the same two food stands somewhere in nearly every NL2 entry.

Mystery Forest - Jungle roofs make the best catwalks. The level of detail seen in this entry, particularly in the support and brake run structures, is what sets this above many of the other RCT2 entries. The coaster looks complete in its environment, although some alterations could be made to make this coaster stand out even more. There's a certain monotony in painting the track green, the supports green, and using only three different types of trees in the entire forest while leaving large patches of open grass.

Mongoose - This park has been featured in many rounds, but so far, the Asian section is my favorite because I can tell from first glance that it's Asia based on the foliage, the buildings including the stations, and the colors used to paint the roller coasters; most noticeably, Mongoose. Much of this coaster takes place many stories above the ground, so my favorite parts are the first two inversions that dip down low to kiss the water, and the underground tunnel after the third inversion. These are the portions that were built with the terrain rather than just above it. Large helices seem to be a common element in this park, but the one part that seems particularly awkward is the triple lift hill adorned with launch segments. One long lift hill is ideal, but if space is a concern, curving the lift hill is also possible, albeit a bit more difficult to pull off in RCT1 without walls. A launch segment directly at the base of a lift hill doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Rainbow Revival - All six of these tracks intertwine beautifully, but the true gems are blue and orange, who veer off from their original courses and change the battle from warm vs. cool colors to primary vs. secondary near the end. Green and yellow would also be great to ride because they spend so much time right next to each other in the center of everything, not to mention the 13 seconds of air time they both offer. Nothing I can say about the scenery because there isn't any, and nothing I can say about the terrain because it's plain, unedited grass. If the same level of work that was put into building this coaster was put into its environment, this would be an amazingly beautiful creation.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
The food stand problem is because that's all that comes with NL2.

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360