Vote for your favorite track! Round 235

I wouldn't consider Caution II to be anticipated..... but, what do I know? xD
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
I swear this feedback gets longer every time.

Wendigo - The use of original elements such as switch tracks and a backward launch helps this coaster stand out among most NL2 entries that show up on this site. Because of these elements, the layout alone resembles that of Expedition Everest at times. Nothing else stands out about the layout, as after the backward launch it mainly consists of banked, sloped curves for the remaining duration of the ride. With its distinctive roof design, the station is the most handsome building that this coaster interacts with. The other wooden buildings, though incredibly simplistic, have a quiet charm about them, as they almost resemble minimalist, contemporary houses one might expect to find in Northern Washington or Canada, although it's also a popular modern architectural trend in Japan. This may also be due to the texture of the wood used, which looks professionally planned, finely polished and very well-maintained. This expensive-looking endeavor doesn't match the natural style of traditional Native American architecture, but it could potentially pass for basic 21st century Native American architecture. I'm not very familiar with how terrain is painted in NL2 since I don't actually own the game, but if the floors of the buildings can be painted to look like paved stone, the outside terrain can probably afford to deviate from plain grass.

GoHan - This is a rare example of a RCT coaster that would be more exciting in the real world than it is in RCT. While there isn't anything special about the layout on its own, and it doesn't interact with any scenery or terrain, there's one bit of hidden brilliance to this design that the RCT rating system fails to pick up on and that most people voting have probably overlooked: the last two drops paired with the subsequent tight curves that sit 50 feet above ground level would absolutely terrify real riders, who would fear that the old mouse car they were riding in on a rickety wooden track (even at this perfectly safe speed) would surely derail and plunge five stories into the ground below. Even though these features on this particular coaster type allow for an exception this round, most coasters should be built with the terrain, not high above it. While the Asian environment is unmistakable, some variation in the terrain textures as well as the addition of bushes and shrubs would help this coaster look more complete. Painting the coaster will also improve the appearance, as this one and the adjacent gray wooden coaster both still appear to use a default paint job, and the blue rail paint doesn't match the Asian theme on this design. However, it shouldn't be overlooked that the first four digits of the YouTube link for the POV are "MiCe".

Caution II - Compared to its predecessor, this design is an improvement in almost every way. While the original had high vertical Gs, basic, blocky buildings painted only black, and a track paint job with a high black-to-yellow ratio, this one fixes all three of those issues, sporting acceptable vertical Gs, a paint job that alternates perfectly between black and yellow, and scenery that matches the paint job; the examples that stand out are the mid-course brake run support structure, the tunnel preceding the immelmann, the end brake run structure, the walls surrounding the spiral path, and the tower containing a flat banked curve, although this last structure would stand out even more with black and yellow tubes from the mechanical set supporting it rather than stacked black blocks. Regardless, the buildings with vibrant black and yellow patterns are the key to this design, while the plain black structures are hardly noticeable in comparison. There's plenty of foliage--bulrushes are a landscaper's secret weapon--and the terrain underneath the track is appropriate for the industrial theme, with variation on the hilltops and on the opposite side of the hills; the only suggestion I would have regarding the terrain is possibly varying it a bit more on the mountains to make the black terrain under the ride pop even more. There are a few technical details that could be improved, such as walls not lining up with their respective roofs, walls missing from tunnels, and flat support structures stacked directly on top of each other, but most of these features are only noticeable when you're looking for them, and they certainly don't keep this entry from being the most complete coaster this round. However, one thing that is certain is that any ride built in a successor park to Brookwood Gardens should be trusted as much as one built in Brookwood Gardens, especially considering the identity of that notorious barfing park inspector.

Velociraptor - Animatronic dinosaurs are fine, but even a Jurassic-themed roller coaster needs more than that for the theme to be executed successfully. The most noticeable problem this coaster has is that it's on plain, flat, green sandbox terrain, and when no part of the terrain is edited, it's difficult to make it look like the coaster is anywhere else but a RCT3 sandbox park. Adding foliage is also crucial to making the design look realistic, as is building a station that looks as good from the inside as it does from the outside rather than one that's mostly hollow. The use of custom scenery isn't always necessary, but for certain elements such as supports, station elements, and smaller foliage, custom scenery can significantly improve the realistic nature of a RCT3 coaster. However, if you would prefer to only use in-game scenery, it's still crucial that there is some variation in the terrain, foliage is added, and the station isn't just a hollow building where the ground is visible.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Wow, that is probably the longest review I've EVER seen!
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
Expedition Everest was a great coaster. Been on it several times.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!