~Music - Unused Track

Unused Track

For some strange reason, there was a music theme used all the time in all the RCT trailers. When we actually got the game, it wasn't there... so I recorded the file off the game, and we now have it back!

Download: http://www.freewebs.com/dadude-rct/RCT3.wav

I'm afraid the clicking comes along with it. In other words, you can't get rid of it. Frown
[Image: rctzmainpicsig5cn.png]
My Website! www.rctzone.co.nr

My theme parks:
Space World
Golf
I don't recognize this theme.
If you go to the RCT3 website and then to Downloads and to like trailer #2 or something, that'll have the theme Wink

By the way, how do you record it? I always liked that track...
From vgmusic.com:

Before we go any further, (I don't care if you're suppose to put this at the end) I would like to give a bunch of credit to the following members:

Swordbolt - The Audacity Bringer and Original Tutorial Maker.

Big J - The Official "lame_enc.dll" Bringer.

MyNameIsBob - The member Who brought up The Question on how to convert. In doing so, he got me interested.

Hunter-Zero - The New and Improved lame_enc Bringer.

Okay, finito, the credits can now go down the drain for all I care.

I assume you are here because you've heard an awesome song at VG Music, and want to rip it onto your Zen Micro Creative, IPod, CDs, Burnt CDs, and such, I have no clue. The first part of this tutorial will deal with recording it, then converting it. EASILY.

If I make a mistake in the tutorial, and no knows what the **** I am typing about, please contact me via this thread or PM.

The program I'm using is called Audacity. Better download this first, before we get started. Go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net. And download it. Praise the creators that this is for free...

Okay, let's shoot. This is SwordBolt's game. I will just go along and modify it where I think it should be.

1 - Download Audacity. *Hopefully you did.

*2 - Now you need a "lame_enc.dll." Go to http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-fi...l?lame_enc and download it. * Or go to http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~raa110/audacity/lame.html for an improved version...well, you shoudl get the improved version actually.

*3 - The stupid program's been compressed. But you don't even have to "un"compress it. Go into the lame_enc folder that popos up, and double click the lame_enc.dll in there.

*4 - I have no clue if this will happen on your computer, but it probably will. When you try to open it, it'll ask you if you still want to open it. Between the buttons "Open With," and "Cancel," I think you should choose," Open With."

*5 - Oh dearie me, look's like we can't. Or can we? You have two choices there to select from: Use the Web service to find the appropriate file, or select a program from the list. Select the second one. The Program From List one. Then hit OK.

*6 - The list will pop up. Open it with Audacity. Make sure you don't have the Audacity program on already.

Okay, now it REALLY is SwordBolt's game now.

7 - Open the program. Go to FILE > PREFERENCES, and in the AUDIO I/O tab, select "2 (Stereo)" in the "Channels" drop-down dialog, in order to ensure that you record in Stereo, and not in Mono. *For first time users only.

8 - Near the top of the program, you'll find a drop-down dialog next to some input and output volume sliders. Click on it, and select "What U Hear," so that it will record exactly what you hear through your speakers or headphones. *If you can't find "What U Hear," then choose "Stereo Mixer."

9 - Open your [file] in an external audio player (such as Winamp or Windows Media Player). Do not make the song loop.

10 - At the top of the program, click on the RECORD button (the big, red button). Immediately afterwards, quickly switch to your audio player, and play the [file]. You are now recording.

11 - When the [file] has finished playing, switch back to Audacity, and stop the recording (the big, yellow square). Now, delete any silences that exist before and after the actual recording (drag your mouse over the blank spaces, and push delete -- zooming in helps a lot).

Note: For MP3, go on to the next section

12 - Export the audio to a .WAV file (FILE > EXPORT AS WAV...).

SwordBolt's game stops.

13 - Name the program whatever you want, but be sure to .wav at the end.

14 - The song should appear on your desktop.

OR FOR MP3...

12 - Export the audio to a .MP3 file (FILE > EXPORT AS MP3...).

13 - Name the program whatever you want, but be sure to .MP3 at the end.

14 - It should ask for details - Just click OK.

15 - The song should appear on your desktop.

From here, all the paths seperate, and whatever you have: IPod, Creative, CD, whatever, it is your own affairs.

Godspeed.

I played the RCT3 Trailer, recorded with this and voila.

My theme parks:
Space World
Golf
DaDude Wrote:8 - Near the top of the program, you'll find a drop-down dialog next to some input and output volume sliders. Click on it, and select "What U Hear," so that it will record exactly what you hear through your speakers or headphones. *If you can't find "What U Hear," then choose "Stereo Mixer."
I can't find either of those; neither "What U Hear," or "Stereo Mixer."
Look here:

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/6156/...est6wa.jpg

My theme parks:
Space World
Golf
I don't have that option in it, all I have in that drop down box is Microphone Rear MIC, and Line In. Are any of those in yours?