RCT3 & RCT3 PLATINUM

Hello Fellow RCTers!   Smile 
What are the differences in the 2 sims , RCT3 & RCT3 PLATINUM?
Thanks in advance! Biggrin 
11RCT
Platinum comes with both expansion packs. Soaked and Wild.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
You can do a lot more with RCT3 Platinum. I use the version and many custom scenery sets are more compatible with it. Like nathan8848 RCT3 Platinum has Soaked and Wild with different scenarios for zoos and water (parks).
Can both RCT3 and RCT3 PLATINUM be loaded on the same hard drive?
I wouldn't recommend it. RCT3 doesn't have the expansion packs. I use RCT3 Platinum so this is my best guess on it. I've had issues with different software when I had 2 different versions of it. To save yourself a lot of headache, I would back up anything you have done with RCT3 in a flash drive. Then install RCT3 Platinum. I'm using Windows 10 and it works fine on  the system.
Yes they CAN be loaded on the same hard drive, but that doesn't mean they should in this case. For example I recently purchased RCT2 on Steam, I forgot to uninstall my disk version before I installed the Steam version so when I'd load up the game and try playing an expansion scenario it would occasionally crash/glitch out/basically die. I'm assuming something similar would happen if you had two working versions of any game on your computer.
Team CoasterTech

Thanks again, Chris & Crouch!!!  Smile
I will uninstall RCT3 before I load RCT3 PLATINUM on my hard drive!