Vote for your favorite track! Round 244

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 244 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: The Reaper

[Image: 57b0d25e0f2e7.jpg]

#2: Rio Grande

[Image: 57b0e136cb8cc.png]

#3: Nexus

[Image: 57b10e39d0006.jpg]

#4: Velociraptor

[Image: 57b11f924a682.png]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Monday, August 22
the reaper needs more cowbell
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!"
Team CoasterTech

*My opinion on this round*

Even though I am entered into this round, it will not stop me from giving my opinion about this round.

The Reaper:

It's pretty easy to tell that this coaster was not built in a big park, that in itself gives it limitations. The amount of scenery; it, it does not seem quite enough. Although, the station and lifthill are themed to a good extent. The coaster has a great layout, but I think it could have been slightly longer. Admitedly, I would still ride this coaster if it were real. It has a couple elements that stand out, for instance, the in-line twist in the loop, and the corkscrew just for some reason, those places remind me of a realistic standpoint. The amount of foliage is decent. Trees are fine, there is much variation in that sense, but no ground shrubbery at all, I would like to see some ground shrubbery. It definitely is a quaint little coaster, and it would actually take my vote if I were not entered into this round. (I also like the small amount of narration in the description).

Skipping over mine now means...
Nexus: To start, I have several pet peeves that make me less likely to choose this coaster. However, it is still a great coaster, and I am just some idiot making CC over this sh-t.
Alright, I am not certain about the layout of this coaster. Mainly because some of the inversions look.. Awkward. Such as the loop that comes after the giant loop, and the cobra roll thingy. It looks like it would be rough to me.
One other thing about the layout, directly after the lifthill, the little drop-curve around just does not appeal to me. I fear in real life, it would remove some of the "intensity" from fearing the first drop. It would be better if it did not go under itself for the little "pre-drop." That's all I have to say about the layout. Everything else about it looks great. The station and MCBR are well supported, but a little bit lack-luster. The same thing with The Reaper above, it has a good amount of scenery, just not ENOUGH of it. One thing I do like however, is the simplistic station. As well as the "off track." That off track you see on nearly every coaster that usually has a retired for the day train. Y'know, that track? Yeah! You know! One last pet peeve. Nowehere is there mentioned the ratings, even though there was supposed to be a screenshot for that. I would have liked to see the amount of inversions, drops, the ratings, ect.

Even though this is lengthy and some type of critical, I still quite like this coaster. It is not the winner in my eyes. But very very close.

Lastly, we have Velociraptor.
Velociraptor: Dude... You've gone ALL out on this! This is absolutely wicked. Just the shear amount of time it must have taken to make this is absolutely incredible. The multi-launches, those super super SUPER smoothe inversions, and the fact that this coaster races with itself multiple times is such an incredible concept. I LOVE IT!
Now that the gushing is over, let's get a bit more "critical." The amount of track, is, well, too much. (Going by a realistic standpoint here). There's wayy too much track, too many inversions, and a launched wing coaster? Pffft. It's long, fast, inverted about 849% of the time, I honestly wish this were a real coaster. The station is fantastic. FANTASTIC!! I am assuming ya used Sketch-up for the station and the supports, right? It's nearly flawless. One more time, I say, LOVE IT!

You have full outdone yourself!!! This coaster, if it is not the winner, I will be shocked. To me, this is by far your best entry, creator!

Ratings for these coasters:
The Reaper: 7.4
Nexus: 6.6
Velociraptor: 9.3

Now that this long long long post has finished, go ahead and critique my works too. And take this with a pinch of salt as this report is made to make you better yourself at coaster making! Let's have a great round!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!