Spyder - Round 245 Winner

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 245 Winner

Congratulations to Terry Inferno's Spyder, the latest winner of RCTgo's Build It Competiton! Spyder beat the other three entries with 10 votes and 33% of the vote.

Description:
Some say history's largest arachnid--a prehistoric beast of Jurassic proportions--still exists to this day on an uncharted tropical island. Nobody can confirm its existence because those who have claimed to have seen it have never made it out alive, and those who have have been labeled as liars, crackpots, and to a lesser extent, donuts.

Like any giant spider, this monstrous beast features a total of eight inversions--a cobra roll, a barrel roll, two vertical loops, a sidewinder, and a batwing. No spider roll, unfortunately, because that's a type of sushi, not a roller coaster inversion. When asked why they replaced the "i" with a "y" in the name, they replyed that yt makes the ryde more excytyng. We don't know how or "y" that makes any sense.

See fynal screenshot for ratyngs.

Votes cast:
Timber Toppers - 8 votes
Hot Rod - 7 votes
Behemoth - 5 votes
Spyder - 10 votes
I KNEW IT! I FREAKIN KNEW IT WAS YOU TERRY!

Haha, congrats anyways! :P

I also don't like how these not so great entries are getting so many votes, and how some have been let in that wouldn't even be close.

That doesn't nessicarily mean these entries either are bad, they just needed more work. There have been some entries in previous rounds that were just terrible and shouldn't have been let in at all.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Thank you to all who voted!  Spider
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Congrats Terry! Smile

It was a close call though!

(Aug 30, 2016, 09:38 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: I also don't like how these god awful entries are getting so many votes, AND are even being let in the competition! Disgusting!

Don't be cruel Blaze. It's just a fun competition and I'm sure everyone is trying their best. If you don't like an entry it doesn't mean it's bad.
[Image: HnAiYLa.png]
Congratulations on the win!
Congratulations Terry! Biggrin This was definitively the best entry of this round, even if it wasn't your best. Also I'm surprised how it was a close round too. Eek

(Aug 30, 2016, 09:38 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: I also don't like how these god awful entries are getting so many votes, AND are even being let in the competition! Disgusting!

The other entries were not that bad. In my opinion they were just not finished enough or not detailed enough. And I agree with NieSch, this competition is mostly for fun. If they want to build for a real competition, they would not enter tracks here.

Also, I really liked your woodie NieSch. Very creative layout, but for a competition like that it lacks of scenery. It was clearly my second choice for this round. (my vote was for Terry's Spider)
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
I know a lot of people here really care about scenery and landscaping, and that's fair enough. For me a nice looking layout and originality are criteria that weigh heavier. Other people might have other criteria.

Build and vote for what you like for whatever reason, don't build or vote for something because it looks like a "typical Build It! winner" that ticks all the right boxes. Smile
[Image: HnAiYLa.png]
I did sound critical. And there was some need for it. I personally dislike most entries that are not that completed. I am sorry if I sounded harsh, I just wish everyone would complete their rides more is all. I am sorry once more.

Still a great round with other mild entries too.
Dislikes most entries that are not completed, yet dude the first 5 entries or so you did weren't so called "completed"
Also congrats on the win Terry, it looks great
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

That was when I first joined, I didn't fully understand the site or how or what should be expected in the competitions. I was harsh and I know it. I did not mean to be harsh.

We all started out terrible, admit it, we all did, but with practice, we all did or will git gud.

Sorry to those players who entered and if I have offended.