Vote for your favorite track! Round 247

A word for the future, "talking it up" isn't exactly respected on this site, build it exists for some friendly competition, but you lied about voting for Serpent to gain popularity for personal gain, which is frowned upon by most
So go ahead and highlight all the good parts of your coaster in your description, and talk about it openly with people, but lying is not the way to get votes for yourself ethically
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

(Oct 3, 2016, 09:59 PM)naveisawesome Wrote: A word for the future, "talking it up" isn't exactly respected on this site, build it exists for some friendly competition, but you lied about voting for Serpent to gain popularity for personal gain, which is frowned upon by most
So go ahead and highlight all the good parts of your coaster in your description, and talk about it openly with people, but lying is not the way to get votes for yourself ethically

^^^^^ this

We all saw what you did Pepper. While it is not blatantly against the rules, I would say it's not smart to lie that you voted for yourself or that you were trying to get more votes to possibly have you win. Which you inevitability did. Arroyo, in my opinion, was the winner of this round. No offence against your's, I just feel it was once again incompleted.

Speaking upon what Naveisawesome said, talking it up about your own coaster and trying to get votes by lying about voting for yourself isn't going to get you a good reputation, nor will it help you in any way. Further upon this, I would listen to Naveisawesome, and highlight your coaster in the description, just do not dumb up your coaster when you are in the competition in the first place.

Think about it, you're on your second win, and it would likely have been three. Don't make it worse for yourself.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
It should be noted that Build It! has only been anonymous for the past year. Prior to that, when builders' names were shown during the round, it would have been absurd to pretend to vote for your own entry because nobody would fall for it. Though it has now been made possible to convincingly "vote" for your own entry as what some think is a tactical advantage, it's not an advisable move if you want those around you to trust and support you in the future.

Of course, the fact that you weren't called out on it until after the round ended shows that people may not be reading the descriptions or looking at screenshots particularly closely. Both Raven and Son of the Serpent clearly state that they were built in Catalian Amusement Park, they're both built entirely on checkerboard lawn stripes for some reason, and Son of the Serpent can even be seen in the background of at least one of Raven's screenshots (click underlined text to see image), so if anyone actually fell for your false vote despite the obvious clues you left pointing to it being your coaster, their attention to detail needs to be called into question.

Even though your entry won, I don't believe that it was your "vote" that caused this to happen. If you look at the posts from before the round ended, many people had positive comments about Arroyo and Dr. Mechanico, but you were the only one who had anything positive to say about Son of the Serpent. This suggests that most of the people who voted for your entry didn't base their votes on other people's feedback, but rather on their own personal preference. Therefore, you still probably would have won the round had you not attempted to garner votes dishonestly.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Good Job Terry Inferno for noticing that the same park is stated. I would agree that it is not a tactical advantage to say I vote for my self. Good luck to all and RCT on!!!!
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
I see what Terry is saying, and now besides not being very ethical, I'm glad you now have an "actual" reason not to do it again, it doesn't work
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

I agree with you. I am going to be out for the rest of the week. Have a great day.
I remember the 'good old days' where they weren't anonymous. lol Just kidding it became a problem quickly in my experience, glad that changed, thanks again Justin for doing that.

Just wondering if it was really worth clogging the voting thread about this? I mean I noticed right away which was Pepper's, I hope people knew which was mine (I mean I didn't exactly TRY to hide it) because we should mostly be acclimated to each other's building styles by now (heck I could spot out Terry's). Sure it wasn't the most ethical thing in the world, but maybe a PM would have addressed it more effectively.
Team CoasterTech

I think the whole point of this is Pepper,

"Be more careful next time, and do not try and vote for yourself again." Okay?
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
I would Agree BlazingEmpireHD. Rookie Mistake on my part. Lets all move on from this topic because it has become one of the biggest buildit forums every. Thanks to everyone for their support. Have a great week!!1