Vote for your favorite track! Round 248

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 248 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Green Lantern

[Image: 57f132fa3b4dc.png]

#2: Demon

[Image: 57f30e3f55765.jpg]

#3: Vildeberg

[Image: 57f37f6be0359.jpg]

#4: Mountain Climber

[Image: 57f713832cafd.png]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Friday, October 14
This looks like a pretty good round, while I cannot decide which is the best at first glance I can decide that Green Lanturn is not on the same level of quality as the others. By the way if I "Rip" on your coaster don't take it personally, I think I've gotten more and more... errr... strict maybe with my voting criteria as time has gone on. Also remember this is Constructive Criticism, and my aim is to help each entry improve.

Green Lanturn: This coaster is still far from finished and looks as though it were rushed out just to be entered in the competition. There is a major lack of foliage around the ride, the terraforming needs a lot of work, (try mixing rockwork with terraforming rather than separating them). My biggest pet-peeve is also present - that being the obvious lack of an attempt to make it look like the coaster is surrounded by anything other than endless plains. Sure, it's on the edge of the park, but if you put enough trees down that will all fill in. I can't really judge the layout (mostly because there isn't a POV video) but from what I can see it looks unrealistic (a 60 degree lift hill on a wingrider?). (4-10)

Demon: While not exactly as smooth as I personally prefer it does a great job, although the track intersecting with supports (specifically the cork support intersecting the helix) really doesn't look good and realistically would be quite bad. For the future try to use only the large corks as well as the small variant has been known to kill people (in reality). (9-10)

Vildeberg: Another nice Corkscrew coaster, although I think Vildeberg edges out its cousin Demon. Very nice terrain and path interaction, as well as some great scenery. Good work with the custom supports, perhaps a canopy over the final brake run to keep the trains dry (and riders) in the event of rain? The only thing other thing I see that I feel should be changed is raising the track up a tile so that it isn't directly on the ground, realistically it doesn't work and you know it's just one of my pet-peeves. (9.5-10)

Mountain Climber: Probably one of the best Mine Trains I've ever seen on the site, although it does have the same thing I just said bothered me with Vildeberg (tracks touching the ground) I can live with it a bit more here because it's a Mine Train and they generally run just above the ground as it is. Maybe some metal on the supports where it crosses paths would have helped polish the design a bit more, and definitely less rock candy. It may be tasty but everything is good in moderation. lol (9.5-10)

I don't know which I'll vote for right now, I'll be back in the week with a second look at Mountain Climber and Vildeberg and hopefully I'll decide when I post that CC.
Team CoasterTech

Since my coaster is in this round I will give feedback on all coasters including mine

Green Lantern-
My coaster and my main concern is that is doesn't have a POV. Also I Didn't use track connectors so...

Demon-
I think my least favorite part of this coaster is the supports. I don't think they follow the Arrow Style of supporting

Vildeberg-
Easily could win. Only thing is it is a really long ride.

Mountain Climber-
My problem is that the scenery is not included

I have a three way tie on the First three.

What do you think. Mine probably won't win but who knows. Great job Vildeberg designer
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
Pepper, I have one question. Have you ever played RCT2? If you have, then you would know that saving scenery on that coaster would be impossible and stupid.

Why? Firstly because you can't save the terrain with it, and secondly, there's so much of it, you couldn't save it all, while lasly, it would mostly all be floating if I did. Besides, I forgot to mention it, but when I am finished with my megapark, that coaster will be in it.

Thoughts on the round:

Demon: A really really good RCT3 entry. If I could vote, I would have such a tough time deciding.

Green Lantern: Not a bad coaster, but as Chris said, it does not meet up to par with the rest while I agree with him 100%.

Vildeburg: Yet another fantastic FANTASTIC RCT2 entry in the few rounds we've had recently. A superb entry for this round.

Vildeburg, Mountain Climber, and Demon. Sorry folkes, you'll have a tough time choosing.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Just a suggestion: If you're entered in the round and post feedback keep your own personal bias out of it. We know you (in this case) think yours is best, you don't need to advertise it more. You can't give proper feedback on something that you're biased for/against so it's just silly to give feedback on your own design.
Team CoasterTech

Actual, and I am telling the truth, I would vote for Vildeberg. It is amazing. Best of luck to everyone, My fall break starts today so I will not be around for the rest of the week.

Also BlazingEmpire. I never played rct2 only got into rct3 a year ago and didn't branch out. I do play No Limits 2 but that's it. Should I look into playing rct2? Thanks again. Have a good week
Then you wouldn't know the struggles of saving scenery with a ride. I suggest next time, if it doesn't have scenery with it, think about it, it could be used in a park that may come out soon. -wink- You can easily just save it from there. I say this because over-looking because of one minor thing with it being such a great entry is a big mistake.

And yes, you should definitely get RCT2
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
i think im voting for mountain climber, the only thing i have a problem with about it is that theres like a super sharp turn right at the bottom of a tall hill, i think that was a poor layout choice but other than that the scenery is just amazing it looks like fluxtrance made it

excuse me i meant vildeberg i got the names mixed up
"Pick up the pieces. There is a better way. Pull yourself together. Try to make a change. This world's so twisted. You can still make a change. Protect and care for all around. Stop the spread of hate. You feel like the broken one over and over again. You taste blood you're through you're done. Only you can make it end."-Trivium: Broken One
[Image: blaconpr4.jpg]
Does Fluxtrance play rct1/2 I am not sure which one it was made in.
he plays 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzCBXq4gTVk
"Pick up the pieces. There is a better way. Pull yourself together. Try to make a change. This world's so twisted. You can still make a change. Protect and care for all around. Stop the spread of hate. You feel like the broken one over and over again. You taste blood you're through you're done. Only you can make it end."-Trivium: Broken One
[Image: blaconpr4.jpg]