Vote for your favorite track! Round 252

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 252 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: Egyptian Escapade Ver.3.0

[Image: 5837436c2dc5f.png]

#2: Dynamite

[Image: 583761413f152.png]

#3: Prowler

[Image: 583b7493a9fe8.png]

#4: Gangplank

[Image: 583e1a28617ff.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Wednesday, December 7
Vote goes to Gangplank
Looks like we have a pretty good round here (especially compared to the last one...)

CC time!

Egyptian Escapade Ver.3.0:

A nice looking... OpenRCT2 Entry? I have no idea what inverted coaster variant this is so I really can't judge the track much based on that. The Asian stalls look very out of place and clash with the theme, although the Roman entrance and exit on the saucers is passable as Rome actually controlled Egypt for a time. Considering the fact that it is called Egyptian Escapade I'd expect a bit more typical Egyptian theming though, perhaps sand dunes on the edge of the built zone, a pyramid maybe. Considering it looks as though it was built in an online OpenRCT2 server (Whiskey Station perhaps?) I understand you can't do a whole lot of terrain manipulation outside of your "zone" but you could have made temporary changes just for the screenshots.

Also for the future, if your coaster goes underground or inside of a building/structure I suggest you provide screenshots of the track with those views enabled so we can see your whole project rather than just what's above ground.

Dynamite:

Not exactly a 'Dynamite' entry, but a good one nevertheless, and it probably has some of the best buildings I've seen on a NL2 project yet. There are a few things with the layout that keep this from getting higher praise from me, although it is very, very smooth. The first issue I have is kind of a nitpick, and it has to do with the floating wood tunnels going in and out of the backwards cobra roll, correct me if I'm wrong but they appear to mostly be floating in mid air without supports. My second issue is with the inverted holding break, I don't know if you've ever sat in an Intimin coaster train car, but I can tell you it would likely be very uncomfortable to be hanging upside-down in one of them, especially for how long you do in this spot. The last spot I have an issue with is the little boost into a bunny-hill with a holding brake at the top. I like the idea of the holding brake but I feel like the element is unnecessary and very out of place.

Prowler:

Looks to be a decent RCT3 woodie, however I see there aren't custom supports (not a huge deal but when you use CS on the station it's best to use it for your scenery and support work as well to be more consistent). I do see there are some custom supports around a curve or two, but they really clash with the vanilla supports and overall don't look great (basically choose either vanilla or custom, don't mix). As for the layout I can't really judge the coaster well because I can't see the entire layout, there's no POV video and the screenshots don't really do the coaster justice. I'd also like to say that the tunnels around the coaster near the station look a little awkward and don't really fit well.

Remember, this is Constructive Criticism, and my aim is to help you improve. Everything I suggest is just something that may make your rides better in the future and I feel like I'd be doing you all a disservice by not bringing up what I find in your entries.

Best of luck! I hope this is a great round.
Team CoasterTech

I'm liking this round a lot, undecided yet, leaning towards egyptain escapade honestly, I love how you were able to make it look Egyptian with the use of minimal actual egyptain scenery, and to me, that takes a lot of creativity (pyramids get in the way anyways)
Not decided yet though
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

As Chris hath stated, I am also only here to critique you to help you improve. No offense is carried towards the creators.

Egyptian Escapade Ver.3.0: First off, I have to say, this plot here is very very well made. I like it a bunch. However, considering that thos is version 3.0 and two other versions of the same ride are on the site (only varying a slight bit) bugs me a bit. Something I really dislike about this is the endless plains of grass around it. It would be better to have various terrain colours and hills to the area to make it look less flat. That little mountain thing in the top corner is a prime example of what you would need, although, making it look more like a hill rather than a jagged block would help slightly. As well as the repetition of those flowers (however, I feel it adds to it somewhat). This is me being particular, but, I would have also liked to see some more variation in walls and buildings. Add textures to the wall to make them less dull and boring and add more vibrance to it. This may only be a nitpick as this ride still looks dang good the way it is. What stands out to me most is not the coaster per say, but the intricacies of the surrounding areas/buildings/places. It is so elaborate, yet simple...but so elaborate. I like the amount of creativity here. Even though it is an egyptian theme, and no egyptian theming is really there, you nailed the look of a desert-ish area.

While this is not going to be my vote, I do have to say, it is very well deserved a good feature.

Dynamite: Compared to your POV-less, frankly unthemed, and unfinished last entry, this one is BY FAR a step ahead of that. This ride has a POV, and is themed, and close enough to finished. My issues really rely on how unrealisticly long this ride is. This ride has many flaws I see realisticly based. Firstly, there is way too much track. Way too many launches, and simply too long. There's little theming, and it hardly has a station (usually where the most theming would occur), plus, the once again, besides the mountain, there is endless green. Flat, uncultered terrain. While it has trees every now and again, that simply is not enough to hide the endless greens. The ride is incredibly smooth, and looks fun to ride, all except for where it is upside down and is stagnant there for a good five seconds. (Too long in my honest opinion).

Once again, this is a huge step from what your last entry is. This one still has flaws, and you may have to redraw a plan for a next coaster to be released. I like for some coasters to go wild (particularly unrealistically) however, this one steps the line for me. I would sit down and pour hours into building, theming, and landscaping your next ride, as well as trying to make it more realistic. Once again, this ride is a big step ahead, but it is not my pick for this round. You best keep trying at it, though!

Prowler: This is very much to me, the most incomplete entry. That's unfortunate though, because it very well could be a first entry. Which is why I need to critique this entry so that the creator can get better.

To have a good entry, your ride needs to have theming, custom supports (depending on the game), actual terrain and hills (so that is not plain and dull with nothing to look at), as well as landscaping, or foliating. (Having treesand bushes in select places, not too much, and not too little). You have a lot of trees, that is for sure, but there is none anywhere in the ride limits, and it looks as if every plot of land outside this coaster is full of trees. Plus, there is endless green (once again) in the backround. You may be a beginner, but you need to actually sit down and have a theme to your ride. Simply, try your best next time.

Gangplank: I adored the RCT2 version of the ride, and then you come out with this, and absolutely astonish me, and completely master the game. There is nothing I can say about this ride. It is in EVERY way completed and a great deal better than your RCT2 version. Unlike our first Planet Coaster entry ever, this one is completed, and done such an expertise manner, that I have no choice but to vote for it. Very very very swell job, and this deserves the spot as possibly the first Planet Coaster win on Build It!

To everyone in the round, good luck, and my words were spoken to help you get better, not to bring you down. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but there isn't much I can do about that.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Gangplank is Parkitect right? Etheir way Good Job Chris
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
This round looks very promising! There is my feedback for each entry:

Egyptian Escapade Ver.3.0

Nice RCT2 entry! The track is clean and fits well with the scenery around it. I like that its builder made a complete area around it with various rides, making this roller coaster better. The buildings and the rest of the area are detailed enough to please me, however they could use more variety to make it more attractive, for example by using more wall textures or using other objects than the pink and violet flowers to fill the spaces (although I don't know what can replace those flowers :s). In general, this is a good entry.

Dynamite

I don't know which game between NL and NL2 this roller coaster was made with, but it looks nice. What I like the most is the layout and the landscape; they are well done. Only weakness: I would like to see more variety or colors in the foliage, this is too red/orange for me.

Not commenting it a lot because I'm not familiar with NL games, but this is a nice entry.

Prowler

At first view, this looks like a nice roller coaster. When I look closer, it looks a bit unfinished. The station would need more details, the custom supports could have a bit more finish and the empty spaces need to be filled with trees or something better such as a good landscape or buildings or ruins or anything that could fit with the roller coaster. For those reasons, this one is definitively not getting my vote.

I don't really care about not having a POV for this entry, I would not vote for it anyway.

Gangplank

Second Planet Coaster entry I see in the Build It! competition. This one is definitively the most detailed and polished entry of the round. The landscape and the foliage are just impeccable, all the objects around it are well chosen and well placed and the station looks awesome.

I did not see any weakness in this entry, so this is a good sign.

I'm voting for Gangplank. I think the other entries would compete better if they were more polished or detailed and if their builder put more work on them. Egyptian Escapade Ver.3.0 was close behind.

I'm not trying to offend any builder, I'm just trying to find what they could have done better to make a stronger entry next time. Anyway, let's have a good round! Biggrin
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
My mistake earlier it is Planet Coaster.
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
This is a tight round for me to choose!
I have to say GangPlank though. We just might have the first Planet Coaster Build-it win on our hands!
Good luck to everyone in this round.