Introducing option to link to Steam Workshop

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that you are now able to link directly to the Steam Workshop for NoLimits 2, Parkitect, Planet Coaster, and RCT World downloads. When uploading your works to RCTgo, rather than uploading a file, you can click on the new Link to Steam Workshop button during Step 2:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5481]

From there, you'll be able to enter the URL to your creation on the Steam Workshop. You'll still need to enter a description and upload at least one screenshot to complete your download listing.

Downloads that are linked to the Steam Workshop will show up just like every other download. The only difference is the download button will say Download on Steam Workshop and will take you to the page on the Steam website instead of downloading the file:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5480]

Please reply below if you experience any issues -- hopefully this will make submitting files and entering into Build It a bit easier for these games!

Justin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is a really nice addition, since I know that me and ChrisMDB will play Planet Coaster a lot. However, I met a problem when wanting to see how it looked like. It has nothing to do with that functionality, but it's still important to talk about it. After testing, I decided to cancel my upload, but it's not working and I land with an error, only when I do it correctly: 

I hope that could be fixed soon.
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
I'm very happy to see this new functionality added to our downloads section, this opens doors for plenty of Steam users. Great work on this Justin!
Team CoasterTech

(Jun 11, 2017, 06:38 PM)SupraTheHedgehog Wrote: This is a really nice addition, since I know that me and ChrisMDB will play Planet Coaster a lot. However, I met a problem when wanting to see how it looked like. It has nothing to do with that functionality, but it's still important to talk about it. After testing, I decided to cancel my upload, but it's not working and I land with an error, only when I do it correctly: 

I noticed this while testing the new Steam feature as well - I still need to look into what's causing it.
What a neat surprise! Thank you for your hard work, Justin!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
(Jun 11, 2017, 09:45 PM)Justin Wrote:
(Jun 11, 2017, 06:38 PM)SupraTheHedgehog Wrote: This is a really nice addition, since I know that me and ChrisMDB will play Planet Coaster a lot. However, I met a problem when wanting to see how it looked like. It has nothing to do with that functionality, but it's still important to talk about it. After testing, I decided to cancel my upload, but it's not working and I land with an error, only when I do it correctly: 

I noticed this while testing the new Steam feature as well - I still need to look into what's causing it.

Looks like it was an easy fix -- you should now be able to cancel uploads again!
Thanks for the fix. I did actually have a few uploads that I could not cancel. Do not know why I couldn't get around to reporting it.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
What is the steam workshop anyway? I've heard of Steam but I didn't know they had a workshop
Steam is just an online platform from which people can play and buy games, share content, talk with friends, and maintain a profile. The Steam Workshop is simply where filesharing begins and ends on Steam, and where anyone can find downloads for a game with Steam Workshop support.
Team CoasterTech

Oh I see. Interesting