First Time

Hi! My name is Lilah, I'm a retired graphic artist. I'm a first time player of RCT3. I saw Planet Coaster and was smitten, unfortunately I realized my computer would choke on it.  I settled instead on RCT3, thinking it would be a good chance to learn about building and operating before the time came when I might be able to have PCoaster. Little did I know just how much fun this would be, I would have missed out so much if I hadn't tried this first. So, yeah, I'm DLing stuff and building castles and crashing and leaning stuff and crashing. All in all. a good time. I am simply amazed how deep and rich this game is and how much the community has contributed to it. I really feel like I came to the party late, but happy to be here none the less.
There's no such thing as arriving late to a party when the party is on the internet, RCT3 is alive and well after a decade and I expect it to be for many, many years to come. Nevertheless, welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to post just about anything; questions, concerns, comments, etc. on the forums.

I know what it's like in your situation, as up until last year I had only played RCT1/2/3 with vanilla content. I just discovered RCT3's Custom Scenery, CTR's and CFR's last year in August (technically two years ago now...) and I've recently obtained Planet Coaster after pre-ordering the Thrillseeker edition from Frontier. If you ever find an opportunity to upgrade your computer I definitely recommend it.
Team CoasterTech

Welcome to RCTgo! That's quite the bit of history behind you Lilah, I'll be excited to see some of your works!
As Chris said, late is never too late....or something like that.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
(Jan 8, 2017, 04:08 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: There's no such thing as arriving late to a party when the party is on the internet, RCT3 is alive and well after a decade and I expect it to be for many, many years to come. Nevertheless, welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to post just about anything; questions, concerns, comments, etc. on the forums.

I know what it's like in your situation, as up until last year I had only played RCT1/2/3 with vanilla content. I just discovered RCT3's Custom Scenery, CTR's and CFR's last year in August (technically two years ago now...) and I've recently obtained Planet Coaster after pre-ordering the Thrillseeker edition from Frontier. If you ever find an opportunity to upgrade your computer I definitely recommend it.

ChrisMDB  I think you may be right, I notice lots of recent DLs for content. You don't get that with a dying game. I just wonder if new items are still being created?
Thanks for the welcome.

(Jan 8, 2017, 04:11 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Welcome to RCTgo! That's quite the bit of history behind you Lilah, I'll be excited to see some of your works!
As Chris said, late is never too late....or something like
Thanks for the welcome, never say never, right? Smile
Welcome to the game and the forums. I play RCT 1,2,3 and totally enjoy all 3.
New items are still being put out, although no one here (at least no one on the forums) makes new content. If you frequent CS Depot for more objects you'll see any new uploads or new releases on their home page. I believe StationJimJr. just released the Perriculum medieval set last year and I think there has been more content since then.
Team CoasterTech

Welcome to RCT.go
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
(Jan 12, 2017, 04:54 PM)Huggy Bear Wrote: Welcome to the game and the forums. I play RCT 1,2,3 and totally enjoy all 3.

Hi  Huggy Bear! I got all three bundled from Steam's winter sale, but only RCT3 would work for me. No complaints though, it's great. Thanks for the welcome!

(Jan 12, 2017, 06:04 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: New items are still being put out, although no one here (at least no one on the forums) makes new content. If you frequent CS Depot for more objects you'll see any new uploads or new releases on their home page. I believe StationJimJr. just released the Perriculum medieval set last year and I think there has been more content since then.

Hey Chris, that's good to know. I just wondered since RCWorld and Planet Coaster have been released, if anyone was still building for RCT3. I really like StationJimJr's custom scenery and Old Spice's trees.

(Jan 13, 2017, 09:36 AM)Pepper15_Cute Wrote: Welcome to RCT.go

Thank you Smile