Planet Coaster Thread

This is kingguardian101. I thought of a great idea. This may be called RCTgo, but we have more than just Roller Coaster Tycoon stuff. We also have NoLimits and NoLimits 2. So, this game recently came out, and I think we should give it a shot. Why not include Planet Coaster? Leave comments on what you think about this idea.  Tongue
Hi kingguardian, I believe Justin (the creator of the site) is in the process of adding both Parkitect and Planet Coaster to the site in their full glory. Planet Coaster will likely be the first of the two as it's actually released, whereas Parkitect is still in Early Access. All of the RCT's, NoLimits, Parkitect, and Planet Coaster are all currently supported in the Build-It! competition here so I don't think the rest is too far behind.

That is a great idea though and it's great that this was brought back into recent discussion here on the site.
Team CoasterTech

They added it! Along with it, I saw Parkitect and the newest RCT (and the only one I don't have), Roller Coaster Tycoon World! That's awesome!
I don't mean to hate on people's opinions when I say this, but I don't think RCTW is worth your time (just to give you some feedback on it). I pre-ordered it and was very disappointed, from what I've seen they've only added trivial scenery objects since the initial launch and have failed to optimize the game whatsoever since the Early Access launch (and the initial optimization was to the point where you needed a high-end rig just to run on bare-bones settings).

I know that there are some out there that enjoy the game and would prefer it, I just thought I'd throw my two-cents in to help you be a more informed consumer is all.
Team CoasterTech

(Jan 14, 2017, 06:40 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: I don't mean to hate on people's opinions when I say this, but I don't think RCTW is worth your time (just to give you some feedback on it). I pre-ordered it and was very disappointed, from what I've seen they've only added trivial scenery objects since the initial launch and have failed to optimize the game whatsoever since the Early Access launch (and the initial optimization was to the point where you needed a high-end rig just to run on bare-bones settings).

I know that there are some out there that enjoy the game and would prefer it, I just thought I'd throw my two-cents in to help you be a more informed consumer is all.

I don't think it's worth the time or money either. Everyone says it's bad, and because of that, I got Planet Coaster instead and was pleasantly surprise. I say get Planet Coaster instead of RCTW.   Smug
Time played in Planet Coaster:
141 hours in the Alpha
152 hours currently in the release

RCTW play time - 32 hours total
I got RCT World. Played it for an hour and a half. Asked Steam for a refund. The end.