New RCT player; here to start learning the ropes.

Hey there. I recently discovered the game through Youtube after a long binge of IRL coaster history channels, and it seemed pretty unique in just how MuchTM you can do with such simple set pieces. Shocking to learn that the series is as old as it is! 

I became medically 'retired' at 24 and subsequently lost my ability to both work and paint, so I've spent the past 3 years engrossing myself in 3D modeling instead. It's fine, but I don't really connect with anything I make until I start texture work, which is the hardest part for me physically by far for the same reason as traditional painting is. Taking a break and exploring a new creative time waster has been a healthy challenge for me. So far I've explored RCT1 and 2 only. I don't really like the look of the screenshots/videos I've seen from 3.

I thought designing tracks would have been my main focus here but I'm actually getting just as interested in scenery. Struggling like crazy to figure out how people make anything (I don't have the ability to 'think' of images, or any basic spatial reasoning anymore following a long history of TBIs) so I'm hoping joining the full site will maybe help with that. Watching build videos and experimenting myself have really only confused me more. If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks so much for having me!
Welcome to the site! It's nice to have you and the work you're working on doing.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!