Transferring RCT3 Data to a New Computer

Hey RCT3'ers! Good news! (At least for me) I am getting a new computer in a month's time and would like to know how to transfer all the data from my Current RCT3 Profile to my new computer.
i say zip all the files you wont if your getting another computor with internet zip it then host on a site like rapid share then download on you new computor or zip it then put on a cd and put on new computor
^ Serously Scotland (I'm not having a go at you here)... a little punctuation and capital letters would much help people understand your posts. I read that and barely understood it...

Anyway, seeing as Scotland failed to say which files to copy, select all the folders in your My Documents>RCT3 folder (or just copy the whole folder), as well as your Prgram Files>Atari>RCT£>Style>themed folder if you have used any custom scnery, then you can either:

1) Zip the folders and upload them to an upload site, e.g. RapidShare (I would include a link but it isn't working for me right now so I can't) or FileFront, then NOTE THE LINK to them and simply download the files on your new computer.

2) Copy all the files to some sort of external hardware, like a CD or a memory stick, then just transfer them from it to your new computer.

Hope this helps, but I'm not the best at giving tutorials (but I personally think I do them better than a certain person who I shall not name in case I get into trouble)...
[Image: nfnukesigzr4.png]
Also if there are pictures / movies you want to keep access them in the My Documents/My Videos/RCT3 or My Documents/My Pictures/RCT3
[Image: 7.jpg]
Yeah, i just used the ol traditional way, and burn them on disk.....that way, if anything, goes wrong, its like having a permanent restore point.....but just for your game.
(Aug 14, 2006, 07:27 PM)Nuclear Fish Wrote: ^ Serously Scotland (I'm not having a go at you here)... a little punctuation and capital letters would much help people understand your posts. I read that and barely understood it...

Anyway, seeing as Scotland failed to say which files to copy, select all the folders in your My Documents>RCT3 folder (or just copy the whole folder), as well as your Prgram Files>Atari>RCT£>Style>themed folder if you have used any custom scnery, then you can either:

1) Zip the folders and upload them to an upload site, e.g. RapidShare (I would include a link but it isn't working for me right now so I can't) or FileFront, then NOTE THE LINK to them and simply download the files on your new computer.

2) Copy all the files to some sort of external hardware, like a CD or a memory stick, then just transfer them from it to your new computer.

Hope this helps, but I'm not the best at giving tutorials (but I personally think I do them better than a certain person who I shall not name in case I get into trouble)...

If you ever respond to this, I did what you said, but how do I open the game on the new computer?
(Nov 24, 2016, 10:31 PM)Domantor Wrote:
(Aug 14, 2006, 07:27 PM)Nuclear Fish Wrote: ^ Serously Scotland (I'm not having a go at you here)... a little punctuation and capital letters would much help people understand your posts. I read that and barely understood it...

If you ever respond to this, I did what you said, but how do I open the game on the new computer?
What kind of computer do you have? Where did you get the game? If you saved your game to a flash drive install it again on your computer. It should walk you step by step on how to do that. When it's done installing there should be a short cut made of the icon 
If you purchased it from Steam, you will need to download it from your games library.