TRK Files

I have just joined this forum so please forgive me if this topic has already been covered. I have downloaded a coaster which is a trk file. I have placed it in my Coasters folder of RCT3 but it will not show up. It seems all the other files are a ovl file. Is there something i am doing wrong or do i need to convert them somehow?. Please Help.
The file goes in My Documents/RCT3/Coasters. Then in RCT3 goto the build rides sub menu and there should be a button that looks like a wrench(or something like that) A box will popup and click search(for something like that) and the coaster should show up. It'll take a while because the program searches the entire drive
[Image: logoea1.png]
So how to convert TRK files to OVL files ( RCT3 ). Please help.
You don't convert .trk files to .ovl files. You save the .trk file in: My Documents\RCT3\Coasters. You don't need to convert .trk or .ovl files.
You save it in My Documents...

Lots of people look in Program files for some weird reason...
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]
(Jan 22, 2007, 10:58 PM)jordanwb Wrote: The file goes in My Documents/RCT3/Coasters. Then in RCT3 goto the build rides sub menu and there should be a button that looks like a wrench(or something like that) A box will popup and click search(for something like that) and the coaster should show up. It'll take a while because the program searches the entire drive

were wil it show up?

(Jan 1, 2011, 01:48 PM)Drew_ Wrote: You don't convert .trk files to .ovl files. You save the .trk file in: My Documents\RCT3\Coasters. You don't need to convert .trk or .ovl files.

when i search in rct3 i put my files in the document/coasterfile but when i go into rct3 i search and it said 0 trk files found
(Nov 2, 2013, 08:56 AM)xspch12 Wrote: when i search in rct3 i put my files in the document/coasterfile but when i go into rct3 i search and it said 0 trk files found

That can happen if a coaster was built using a different version of RCT3. Like Platinum vs. Vanilla.
My Insanely Supported Coaster Vids
Mamba * Menace V2 * Menace V3.1 * Bruiser Falls * Wetness * The Poison
Thinner
Newest:subLIMe
Sometimes if one isn't very familiar with the game it can be confusing. To be sure you're checking in the right places check out this post

http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-4711-post...l#pid86360

if the quick link doesn't work it's post #7.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

I also need help uploading downloaded tracks. I understand that I need to download them to My Documents/RCT3/Coasters but I can't figure out how to do that.

I know it's probably because I have a Mac, so it's probably different. I also have the Platinum version of the game. How do I save the coaster in the right spot on a Mac and then how do I access it in game?
(Jan 19, 2015, 01:35 PM)MinnesotaTwinsFan94 Wrote: I also need help uploading downloaded tracks. I understand that I need to download them to My Documents/RCT3/Coasters but I can't figure out how to do that.

I know it's probably because I have a Mac, so it's probably different. I also have the Platinum version of the game. How do I save the coaster in the right spot on a Mac and then how do I access it in game?

I did a search for you on youtube because you said you were working with a mac.
Here are some links that might help you...
Rct3 Tutorial 4 - How to install Custom Roller Coasters
http://youtu.be/kPO6KB0KUpU

Here is a general link of topics related to Mac for RCT3
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...all+tracks

I hope that helps. Smile

Note: If you are downloading a "track" lets say from this site you may need the custom track as well. I have found this out myself when trying to use someone else's track that was made with a custom track. For example, my latest coaster "Boomer" used a Parallax - B&M Sit Down (BETA) http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index....;down=1465
You would need to download "boomer" from this site and the custom track files. The custom track files would go into Atari/RollerCoasterTycoon/Cars and Atari/RollerCoasterTycoon/Tracks. "Boomer" .tkr would go in Documents/RCT3/Coasters. (I'm on Wndows 8.1 so that is how it works for me. Hopefully the tutorials will help you more from youtube)* Most files downloaded from The Custom Scenery Depot or RCTgo Website should have instructions in a ReadMe File.