Moving Hosts

Hi everyone,

As I'm sure you've noticed, we've been struggling with occasional downtime the past few months. We've started to outgrow our current hosting plan, and the downtime has been a result. While downtime is never a good thing, the cause here is actually fantastic - we've seen enormous traffic growth over the past few months and, while it's likely traffic will decrease a bit as schools open back up this fall (as has happened in the past), we're having problems now that need to be fixed.

I've set up a new hosting account that gives us far more flexibility and more resources to allow RCTgo to continue to grow. I've already begun the process of moving the website over, though this can be a long process - moving over 4,000 downloads and all their screenshots is no easy task!

At some point in the next week, we should be making the transition over to the new hosting. This will cause some downtime for most visitors. We'll do our best to minimize the downtime - we won't be "flipping the switch" until everything is already set up on the new hosting - but because of the way the web works, it may take up to 24 hours for some visitors to access the site on the new hosting.

I do not have a definite timeline for this to occur, but as I said, it should be occurring very soon. I'll make additional announcements as the time comes, and during the move, we'll have a message showing on every page to keep you up to date.

Thank you for understanding, and thanks to everyone being loyal RCTgo visitors! Smile

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

Justin
What IS the new host?
We're currently with DreamHost, under a standard shared hosting plan. We're switching to Linode, to the Linode 768 plan.

This isn't just a change of hosts, though, its a change in hosting types too - from being on a pre-configured & limited shared hosting plan to a VPS (Virtual Private Server) where I have complete control over the account.
Thanks for the information Biggrin
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
Smileys are emoticons, symbols, It does not need for a full stop after that, it does though after the last word! Then it will look like this: =P rather than this =P. I'm a grammar nazi yes. But someone people may complain one day. Hint hint! XD
^ Thanks for that matey Smile
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
Thanks for that update!
Wanna see my creations? : Click Me | Latest upload: Lights Set 2
My Accounts: YouTube | Shyguy's World | CS Depot
Your signature... it's just so... weird! It's just so square and like, out there, ya know?
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
I like Spongebob, but he looks a bit retarded there, hehehe Biggrin
XD I just wanna have fun with Spongebob Biggrin
Wanna see my creations? : Click Me | Latest upload: Lights Set 2
My Accounts: YouTube | Shyguy's World | CS Depot