Regarding Spam Posts

Hi all,

I just wanted to make a quick announcement regarding spam postings that sometimes occur on the forums. What I mean by spam is off topic posts - often new threads - and often with large blocks of text with links interspersed in the text.

If you see a post that you think is spam, please report the post. While I visit the forums regularly, I don't always have time to scour the forums for spam. Reporting spam makes it much easier for me to remove it quickly.

All you have to do is click this nice button at the bottom right of the post:
[Image: postbit_report.png]
Then enter "Spam" as the reason. It's that easy.

There is no need to reply to the thread saying it's spam - just report the post and I will remove it and ban the user who posted it the next time I come to the forums.

Thanks for your help!

Justin
Haha! I guess it right! SPAM! LOL Biggrin Thanks for that information by the way!
Wanna see my creations? : Click Me | Latest upload: Lights Set 2
My Accounts: YouTube | Shyguy's World | CS Depot
I have been doing that a lot, but all of the sudden, I forgot about that button.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
I don't understand these companies and their agressive marketing techniques. Don't they realize that if they want us to buy their unnecessary merchandise they only need to pay their staff more money or hire those that are not yet employed (and pay them well too) so people can afford to buy?
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Mar 23, 2013, 01:48 PM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: I don't understand these companies and their agressive marketing techniques. Don't they realize that if they want us to buy their unnecessary merchandise they only need to pay their staff more money or hire those that are not yet employed (and pay them well too) so people can afford to buy?

Spam on forums isn't really about getting you, on this forum, to buy their product - it's about getting links to their website on a variety of websites with relevant text surrounding the link. Google and other search engines rank search results based on back links and relevance - and so by spamming our (and other forums), they hope to achieve higher search engine rankings.