NEWS Update: Theme Park Studio

Hi all,

We've received an update on the latest development of Theme Park Studio. If you haven't heard, Theme Park Studio is a new title for PC coming out from Pantera Entertainment. A full introduction is available here, direct from Pantera.

Here's the latest update, including a new video:

Quote:We have been busy the past few weeks integrating modules from our graphics' engine. I have uploaded a video highlighting our progress. I only built a quick down and back coaster since I am highlighting other new features.
This video demonstrates the following:

A new interface. The new dialogs can be moved, sized, pinned, or hidden.

Stations can be attached to control points. Multiple stations, or other mesh objects, can be added anywhere along the coaster path. When you move the control point, the attached object moves with it.

Tunnels can be added to any section, then freely deformed.

There is a new 'Enter' button which allows the player to take a virtual tour through the park. You can still edit your park while in this mode.

Jumps. Something you wouldn't see in real life, but fun to watch,

Entire coasters can be moved or rotated and any time, even after being fully complete.

Ability to move and rotate environmental objects.

Dynamic shaders. In this video I changed the stained glass windows in the castle from a standard shader to an unlit shader, giving it a self-illuminated look.

Particle effects, including fire, smoke, and fountains. Our particle effects module is very versatile, allowing the player to create a wide range of effects.

Dynamic editing of particle effects parameters. At the end of the video I change the force of the emitter, creating a much larger spray. The effects are seen in realtime while walking through the park.

The success of our title greatly depends on a quality product and public awareness. Feel free to post any feedback, and please help spread the word about Theme Park Studio.

Thanks,
Justin
This is absolutely fabulous. It’s like a dream-come-true version of what RCT4 might have been. It will knock the socks off existing roller coaster simulation games.

* Will it be available for play on PC?

* Any idea at this time what the required computer specs would be?

* Could RCT3 parks be imported into this game?

* Could RCT3 tracks be imported into this game?

* What will the park guests look like?

I’ll limit my questions just in case you post back and tell me this information can be found on another web page.

(Dec 18, 2012, 12:26 AM)Justin Wrote: …..
Entire coasters can be moved or rotated and any time, even after being fully complete.
…..

Something only available with stalls and flat rides in RCT2. We of the roller coaster simulation community sorely need this.

to move and rotate environmental objects.
…..

To date, and to the best of my knowledge, only available prior to placing items in an RCT park. Again another great improvement.

There is a new 'Enter' button which allows the player to take a virtual tour through the park. You can still edit your park while in this mode.
…..

I imagine this would be extremely challenging for the game engine. What effect might this have on making games more susceptible to crashing while in this mode?

Jumps. Something you wouldn't see in real life, but fun to watch,
…..

Those who insist on everything fun being like real life need to visit a real park, and leave the fun to us.

Stations can be attached to control points. Multiple stations, or other mesh objects, can be added anywhere along the coaster path. When you move the control point, the attached object moves with it.
…..

….. with perhaps a feature to tell the game which stations are to be entered and/ior exited at what stage of the ride – useful for shuttle rides that go around the park and lifts having more than one entrance and one exit. to and from multiple paths.

* Up to how many stations could we put on one ride?

* Up to how many trains could we put on one track?

* Up to how many cars could we put on each train?

(Dec 18, 2012, 12:26 AM)Justin Wrote: The success of our title greatly depends on a quality product and public awareness. Feel free to post any feedback, and please help spread the word about Theme Park Studio.
…..

Theme Park Studio is a great name.

Have you created a logo yet? I believe the RCT3 logo was a let-down.

Great Stuff!
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.