Thx's Structures and Pools.

OMG!!!!!! It’s breathtaking. Absolutely unbelievably fantastic. It’s the best work I’ve seen in RCT3 and the only park I’ve come across that I can’t wait for to become available for download. Will it be available at some time?

Your Pink Panda restaurant is flawless. Your buffet restaurant left me sighing in delight. Ordinarily I prefer flat parks but I really like your contouring. I prefer the mountain or hill background but, again, the city background you've chosen works really well with your park.

A hi-rise that would put Frank Lloyd Wright to shame with a trapezoid pool!!! Amazing.

Only two things I’d mention at this late, great stage:

In post “5” above:

(in this post): http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-7183-post...l#pid83803

your second to last image:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/...64031f.png

There’s a mountain at the top right that’s just a bit steep for reality. Perhaps you haven’t gotten to adjusting it yet but I thought I’d mention.

The other is windows:

(Mar 29, 2013, 04:38 PM)Thx1138 Wrote: …..
"Windows"?, it's a night club, we don't have windows …..

The Trocadero staff don’t do any of their administrative work in this building? What about where the staff eat or relax? There could be a few windows to suggest where the offices, cafeterias and lounges might be.

I can see where some individuals might feel the hotel needs supports but carbon steel and cantilever beams have been in existence for quite some time now. During the Tudor years the people in Europe used wood beams for that jetty effect; certainly this is possible now on a more extreme level with steel beams.

Should you absolutely feel the need, Thx, to put supports I’d recommend something ultra-thin and graceful that looks like it’s merely decoration.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Mar 31, 2013, 06:24 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: OMG!!!!!! It’s breathtaking. Absolutely unbelievably fantastic. It’s the best work I’ve seen in RCT3 and the only park I’ve come across that I can’t wait for to become available for download. Will it be available at some time?

Your Pink Panda restaurant is flawless. Your buffet restaurant left me sighing in delight. Ordinarily I prefer flat parks but I really like your contouring. I prefer the mountain or hill background but, again, the city background you've chosen works really well with your park.

A hi-rise that would put Frank Lloyd Wright to shame with a trapezoid pool!!! Amazing.

Only two things I’d mention at this late, great stage:

In post “5” above:

(in this post): http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-7183-post...l#pid83803

your second to last image:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/...64031f.png

There’s a mountain at the top right that’s just a bit steep for reality. Perhaps you haven’t gotten to adjusting it yet but I thought I’d mention.

The other is windows:

(Mar 29, 2013, 04:38 PM)Thx1138 Wrote: …..
"Windows"?, it's a night club, we don't have windows …..

The Trocadero staff don’t do any of their administrative work in this building? What about where the staff eat or relax? There could be a few windows to suggest where the offices, cafeterias and lounges might be.

I can see where some individuals might feel the hotel needs supports but carbon steel and cantilever beams have been in existence for quite some time now. During the Tudor years the people in Europe used wood beams for that jetty effect; certainly this is possible now on a more extreme level with steel beams.

Should you absolutely feel the need, Thx, to put supports I’d recommend something ultra-thin and graceful that looks like it’s merely decoration.

Oh, thank you for the generous and thoughtful comments and suggestions FlightToAtlantis, I really appreciate them! Smile

I think part of the appeal of the Wedge building is that uncertainty, it should appeal to thrill seekers. The peeps are rollercoaster enthusiests afterall. lol Biggrin

Something else I like about that design... with all the glass and expansive views... you still really can't see into your neighbor's unit... no curtains needed here, you can walk around butt-naked.

(Actually, "Marketing", for all the good money we pay those folks and the silly ideas they come up with... a bubble came off the think tank and they just might have struck gold with a recent idea...)

They don't want to sell the condos... no, they want to hold a weekly lottery to win an all-expense weekend at the Wedge... They say this will bring in an average of $14,000 per room week after week... heck, for a $2 ticket, everyone want's to win a weekend at the Wedge, lol.

You know, I do get some critisizm for those pointy mountains, but I hardly know what to do with them...

I don't want to cover them with trees, but I thought putting little "steps" or plateus (more like "protrusions" really) with trees on them half-way up maybe...?

Here is a new park where I am trying to concentrate on the terrain early on... about two weeks dinkering around to get it to this state.. it's still a WIP and I haven't even gotten around to the shrubbery yet guys..

[Image: Shot0275.png]

[Image: Shot0273.png]

[Image: Shot0277.png]

(Oh, btw, that newest scenario is indeed named "The Oasis" and is meant to be a very lush area in the middle of barren desert, you hit that one right on the head buddy, lol Tongue)

The problem with a window on the Troc... it'll break the exterior having an odd window for the boss to look out of... we have the atrium and a large back porch for dining al fresco, the big action is inside on the stage.

I can always make another nightclub that has windows, but I wouldn't break the sculpture of the Troc's exterior for anything... it's a work of art. (lol)

As far as the Plaza park being released.. I'm still tweaking it and hope it will be ready by late spring or early summer.

I'm having to take a lot out though because the park does lock when it gets busy.

(The Wedge didn't make it into the park, I had to remove it. That's okay though, I'm saving it for something with barren terrain like a Moonscape or Marscape build.

Thanks again, I love to hear the comments and ideas!

Thx Smile
I like the management of your Plaza Park. The staff use the guest facilities! Nice. Agreed. Windows not needed on Trocadero.

What a shame the game tends to lock up like it does.

The uncertainty of the Wedge Building settles it, then. No supports.

Your mountains? How about a wrap-around coaster like they have at the top of the Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas? Or perhaps a wrap-around water slide?

Your new oasis in the desert park appears to be something one might see in Dubai or the North American Southwest: high development in the middle of the desert. If you were looking to make this park bigger I would extend it (I’m speaking of your third image http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/...ot0277.png) towards the upper right of the photo. It’s the first park I’ve seen that would lend itself well to being rectangular shaped.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Mar 31, 2013, 03:35 PM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: I like the management of your Plaza Park. The staff use the guest facilities! Nice. Agreed. Windows not needed on Trocadero.

What a shame the game tends to lock up like it does.

The uncertainty of the Wedge Building settles it, then. No supports.

Your mountains? How about a wrap-around coaster like they have at the top of the Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas? Or perhaps a wrap-around water slide?

Your new oasis in the desert park appears to be something one might see in Dubai or the North American Southwest: high development in the middle of the desert. If you were looking to make this park bigger I would extend it (I’m speaking of your third image http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/...ot0277.png) towards the upper right of the photo. It’s the first park I’ve seen that would lend itself well to being rectangular shaped.

Once again, thanks for the nice reply! Smile

Yes, our staff get lucrative pay and bennies including luxury accomodation and an expense card for food and entertainment. This is possible because of the extreme profits the attractions in this park generate and happy employees make for a happy experience for our guests... we take this business very seriously. Wink

You know, having a coaster wrap around a steep mountain like the Stratosphere coaster is a grand idea.

I was in Las Vegas in 1994 and remember the building before they put on the top section.

I asked my friend "What is that huuuuge cement pillar out there?"

He said it was supposed to be the world's tallest building, they would have had to put 800 feet on top of what he had already to be the tallest building in the world, but the cement forms caught fire and the city decided they wouldn't zone anything higher... so it ended up where it is.

For some time now I have had the idea about building coasters down mountains, I have a few parks with special mountains just for this purpose in rct2, but haven't built anything in rct3 yet.

Here is a park "Mega-Mountains" that is available for download at NE-Designs...

[Image: SCR337-1.jpg]

[Image: SCR336.jpg]

Here is another park with similar hills...

[Image: SCR134-1.jpg]

Running a coaster down a mountain has many advantages over a coaster built on flat terrain...

The peeps take an elevator to the top and it is an all-downhill ride with no lifts, see?

They get off at a station at the bottom, but no one can get on at the bottom...

So the car rides back up the hill empty and is reset for another run...

It can make mediocre, "kiddie" coasters into hairy, white-knucklers... (Hear that real world coaster designers...? It's called "potential energy"... Happy

(But be careful with the Virginia Reel folks, it disintegrates at 40 mph, lol. :O )

Yes, it's a shame the Plaza scenario won't accomodate the Wedge building and I am going to have to replace another "all custom scenery" scraper with something built of in-game pieces.

I have soooo much work to do to that park, lol. Smile

Here is a nice trio of scrapers in the Plaza build that are 100% in-game pieces...

[Image: Shot0198.jpg]

Here they are in another park...

[Image: Shot0239.jpg]

The rec room...

[Image: Shot0213.jpg]

Dig that diagonal pool...

[Image: Shot0218.jpg]

[Image: Shot0180.jpg]

That park is still a WIP too and is a bit more conventional than the Plaza build.

[Image: Shot0241.jpg]

Thx Smile
Is your trio of skyscrapers and any of the surrounding buildings available for download? Is your Wedge available too? I’d like to try them in my park.

I’m having the same problems with CS accommodation in my current park which is still on the drawing board, still in experimental stage and still having scenery fine tuned for it. Problem is I’m getting quite good at finding and integrating all sorts of CS from different creators and various packs and am achieving breathtaking results (if I do say so myself) what with embellishing the park, embellishing the embellishments and then embellishing those. The potential of what can be done in RCT3 never seems to end but is only limited by what the game engine can handle.

Right now, based on the lag in the game as it’s loading with what I’ve got in the prototype park so far, I’ve got the unfortunate feeling that slashing the real estate of my park from 252 tiles squared down to 210 tiles squared (once considered the bare minimum, is not going to be quite enough. I’m seriously considering reducing the number of animal enclosures (already reduced to 8 from 10) down to six – which would mean a near total re-work of the park layout, the sizes and shapes of the shuttle rides and the sizes and placement of animal enclosures, among other things.

I don’t really want to reduce the sizes of the animal enclosures because the scenery is already saved as structures from pervious parks which means the less troublesome way would be to reduce the number of enclosures and mix the animals a bit more. The pool complex, and all its scenery saved as a structure, will remain the same, as will the food court scenery surrounds (saved as structures), and the zoo outbuildings & scenery, also saved as structures.

I had no idea the game was limited as to how much scenery it could save as a structure. I thought I’d try saving five of the enclosures with accompanying zoo outbuilding and all associated scenery as one structure and the game wouldn’t do it. Just gave me an error message. Didn’t crash, just said it couldn’t.

As for the rides, I can get by now without fifty of those in one park. Besides I’ve got some of the rides I created in RCT1 and RCT2 converted into RCT3 and they’re like old friends when I put them in a park. My favorite woodie was created in RCT1, has converted reliably through the different RCT versions and has a place in all my parks.

Saving all this scenery as structures sure saves time is you’re not changing much from one park to the next but if something needs adjustment …..

Is your water ride in the front right of this image http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/...ot0241.jpg available for download?

That was an interesting bit you told about the Stratosphere. Sometimes I think fires occur a little too conveniently.

I can’t wait to see your white-knuckle mountain coaster. Will it be a harrowing, hair-raising ride causing near-fatal coronaries? Will you need to assign six janitors to the ride exit simply to clear away all the vomits? Will the ride need to have its very own first aid station? Do tell!

You could build a coaster on a hill, or you could make a launched coaster with the same advantages for a lot less money.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Wow, those buildings look amazing. Smile
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
(Apr 2, 2013, 05:39 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Is your trio of skyscrapers and any of the surrounding buildings available for download? Is your Wedge available too? I’d like to try them in my park.

I’m having the same problems with CS accommodation in my current park which is still on the drawing board, still in experimental stage and still having scenery fine tuned for it. Problem is I’m getting quite good at finding and integrating all sorts of CS from different creators and various packs and am achieving breathtaking results (if I do say so myself) what with embellishing the park, embellishing the embellishments and then embellishing those. The potential of what can be done in RCT3 never seems to end but is only limited by what the game engine can handle.

Right now, based on the lag in the game as it’s loading with what I’ve got in the prototype park so far, I’ve got the unfortunate feeling that slashing the real estate of my park from 252 tiles squared down to 210 tiles squared (once considered the bare minimum, is not going to be quite enough. I’m seriously considering reducing the number of animal enclosures (already reduced to 8 from 10) down to six – which would mean a near total re-work of the park layout, the sizes and shapes of the shuttle rides and the sizes and placement of animal enclosures, among other things.

I don’t really want to reduce the sizes of the animal enclosures because the scenery is already saved as structures from pervious parks which means the less troublesome way would be to reduce the number of enclosures and mix the animals a bit more. The pool complex, and all its scenery saved as a structure, will remain the same, as will the food court scenery surrounds (saved as structures), and the zoo outbuildings & scenery, also saved as structures.

I had no idea the game was limited as to how much scenery it could save as a structure. I thought I’d try saving five of the enclosures with accompanying zoo outbuilding and all associated scenery as one structure and the game wouldn’t do it. Just gave me an error message. Didn’t crash, just said it couldn’t.

As for the rides, I can get by now without fifty of those in one park. Besides I’ve got some of the rides I created in RCT1 and RCT2 converted into RCT3 and they’re like old friends when I put them in a park. My favorite woodie was created in RCT1, has converted reliably through the different RCT versions and has a place in all my parks.

Saving all this scenery as structures sure saves time is you’re not changing much from one park to the next but if something needs adjustment …..

Is your water ride in the front right of this image http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/...ot0241.jpg available for download?

That was an interesting bit you told about the Stratosphere. Sometimes I think fires occur a little too conveniently.

I can’t wait to see your white-knuckle mountain coaster. Will it be a harrowing, hair-raising ride causing near-fatal coronaries? Will you need to assign six janitors to the ride exit simply to clear away all the vomits? Will the ride need to have its very own first aid station? Do tell!

I have to remove and replace a 15 story custom scenery structure and I think that will go a long way towards getting the park to run smoothly.

Here is the building to be replaced...

[Image: Shot0196.jpg]

[Image: Shot0199.jpg]

[Image: Shot0200-1.jpg]

I'll have to put in something made of in-game scenery the way the three oriental towers are.

Oh, and I'll see if maybe I can put together a scenario with those buildings and a few of my best structures and try to remember to include that river rapids...

[Image: Shot0255.jpg]

[Image: Shot0253.jpg]

Thx Smile
(Apr 2, 2013, 10:56 AM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: You could build a coaster on a hill, or you could make a launched coaster with the same advantages for a lot less money.

Sure, you can also just use a steel twister or giga coaster and set the entrance very high and let the peeps use an elevator to get to it.

But hills are great for rides like River Rapids and coasters that just can't get the height...

Thx Smile
(Apr 2, 2013, 11:32 AM)RCTgoMatthew Wrote: Wow, those buildings look amazing. Smile

Thanks, glad you like them.

I clicked on one of your links and saw a stadium seating CS set, did you make those?

I might be using one of your sets in the Blue Taj theater.

RCT3 is a pretty good game, but it is twice the game with custom scenery, bless all you CS makers! Cool

Thx Smile