Concordia Gardens Zoo and Aquarium

Here’s the entrance plaza to my latest park. The pool complex is above and the south food court to the right of that. Along the bottom of the image can be seen part of the tracks for the two park shuttles which aren’t really shuttles because for now each has a single station. The placement of the entrance plaza scenery added nearly 1MB to my park file size increasing the park file size to almost 15MB.

[Image: concordiagardens01.jpg]

A close up of the entrance plaza. At the bottom center of this image can be seen where I’ve put the custom counters for the information booths where you might just make out the two vendors there. The park background is empty in this image because it was taken in the sandbox workbench park where I built the entrance plaza prior to saving it as a structure.

[Image: concordiagardens02.jpg]

This is the other type of counter I’m considering for information booths, this type without glass tops.

[Image: concordiagardens03.jpg]

The following two images are additional views of the entrance plaza in the sandbox workbench.

[Image: concordiagardens04.jpg]

[Image: concordiagardens05.jpg]

Here we’ve just entered the incomplete south food court. Concordia Gardens offers European and Asian food. Whether your tastes are metropolitan or provincial you’ll find something you’ll like at our park. The park architects have decided a glass ceiling to match the existing glass domes needs to cover the walkway and the areas where the staff will assist customers with their orders. As you can see the contractors haven’t begun their work here yet. In this image, this is the food court area where salads and hot & cold meals can be collected.

[Image: concordiagardens06.jpg]

Yes, we have two bars in Concordia Gardens. This is the south bar with the north bar being in the other food court. Further along after the bar are display cases in which we feature dozens of varieties of gourmet cakes and other European culinary treats. I’m not terribly sure at this time if I want the bar next to the cakes section.

[Image: concordiagardens07.jpg]

At the bottom right of this image is the cold drinks section which is at the end of the cakes section seen in the previous image. Further along after this is the coffees & hot drinks section.

[Image: concordiagardens08.jpg]

While our food is European and Asian here at Concordia Gardens our desserts, pastries and ices are flown in from all over the world. After the ices area you’ll note the souvenir and gift areas that I haven’t yet begun. I’m not intending to have much there ….. there will be t-shirts and toys but I’m not sure what else I’ll put.

[Image: concordiagardens09.jpg]

After the south food court guests enter the pool complex through the pool shops plaza. I for a time considered custom stalls in this area but I think the in-game stalls suit well here. In my experience I have found that with a park of this layout the guests will enter the park, take a swim, then find their way back to the south food court prior to continuing through the park at which point they’ll be in need of toilets so they’ll need to be placed nearby. Behind the pool shops complex in the image is the enclosure with pond where the elephants and hippos will go and another enclosure behind that where the giraffes, rhinos and zebras will go. Zoo outbuilding south-east can be seen at the top left of this image. Since I’ve placed the entrance plaza scenery I’ve noticed the pool shops plaza scenery doesn’t look quite so spectacular any more and needs some fine tuning.

[Image: concordiagardens10.jpg]

Here is the main fountain in the pool complex. Note the pool filtration and skimming units just off the pool decking in the background. Both of the zoo outbuildings can be seen in this image. This is my first try at building a lazy river ride with which I’m very please and I will be trying some of the Temple of Torment scenery with it to see how that works out. I think that scenery would work well with the pandas' enclosure being next to lazy river.

[Image: concordiagardens11.jpg]

Another view of the pool through the Egyptian pillars. When I took this shot I noticed that the Atlantis walls that can be seen sheathing the upper pool level does not appear to be placed around the middle pool level. I know it’s saved and when I tried to make the ground transparent to see if for some reason it’s down under there the park crashed. I’ve also noticed for the first time in this image that the teak cladding can still be seen covering the outside edge of the pool decking that’s at ground level. The hedges didn’t cover that as well as I thought so I need to get that covered in stone too.

[Image: concordiagardens12.jpg]

This is a zoomed out view, an image that shows the entire layout of the aquarium. The guests are always complaining that they want to get off the aquarium but I don’t care – the aquarium is just how I want it. I was planning to put a very small coaster and a few flat rides in the space between Lazy River and Aquarium. Between Aquarium and pool shops plaza is where the sea mammal shows will go and perhaps one or two small rides. There are plans to excavate for the sea mammal shows and it will look better than it sounds – in fact the scenery is already saved as a structure.

[Image: concordiagardens13.jpg]

Here’s the aquarium in another view. Note the filtration and protein skimming units. I’ve placed the row boats ride here because without a track the guests are always getting lost in the boats and I thought I’d try and see if this restricted area would help. I don’t really want the water rides to have a track. The jet skis ride is just on the other side of the reflecting pond bridge here. Zoo outbuilding north-west is at the rear of the image.

[Image: concordiagardens14.jpg]

Here is a great shot of both zoo outbuildings with zoo outbuilding north-west at the front. This isn’t zoomed out all that far but I’ve noticed some of the CS can’t really take zooming and much of it isn’t showing in this image. This image was taken from the iteration of my park in which I was in the process of deleting the air conditioning units off the tops of the zoo outbuildings. I spent a long time finding just the right ones and after I placed them was happy with them until I took my game out of pause and discovered they released ridiculous amounts of exhaust fumes. You can see the exhaust in the closer building and no units or exhaust in the far buildings. You can also see here where I’ve placed one of the ramps to the underground access route for staff/delivery traffic.

[Image: concordiagardens15.jpg]

Another shot of both zoo outbuildings with outbuilding south-east at the front. Geometry imposter distance has been turned down to 500 so I could take these images without the park crashing. That probably hasn’t helped with some of the CS disappearing while zoomed out for these images and you can see how the concrete decking around the outbuildings fades out of view at the base of the far building. At the rear of the far building are enclosures for primates, gazelles & ostriches, and horses.

[Image: concordiagardens16.jpg]

A view featuring the primates’ enclosure showing how beautifully I’ve integrated the park shuttles into the enclosures.

[Image: concordiagardens17.jpg]

A view of the horses’ enclosure showing the stables. I’ve basically built them in workbench, saved the stables as a structure and dropped them into the enclosure. I haven’t yet added any of the sub-scenery that they need.

[Image: concordiagardens18.jpg]

This is the other end of the horses’ enclosure. The steam railway station can be seen at the center bottom. The north food court is to the left of that. In the reflecting pond can be seen the canoes, windsurfers and in the middle distance, the bumper boats rides.

[Image: concordiagardens19.jpg]

This is the north east corner of the park again showing the north food court and this time the station for the monorail shuttle. The staff parking lot can be seen just above center in this image. At the top right of the image can be seen both ramps to the underground access route for staff/delivery traffic. As you can see I wasn’t planning to have too many coasters and flat rides and the majority of them were going to go in this area with plans to extend them slightly over the reflecting pond.

[Image: concordiagardens20.jpg]

Another view of the park staff parking lot.

[Image: concordiagardens21.jpg]

This is where staff and deliveries enter and leave the park. Again I think this is integrated beautifully as I have the steam railway, monorail, guest path and access road all intersecting at this area.

[Image: concordiagardens22.jpg]

Well, there we have it, my park I’ve talked so much about now posted.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Wow! that had to have taken a lot of work! I really, really, REALLY love the fountains!!!Biggrin What custom scenery did you use for them? I have never seen any fountain that tall!
I think its a water effect. Smile
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
Absolutely fantastic! Quick question, what flowers did you use in the third, fourth and fifth picture? Also, what did you use for the canopies in the fourth picture? But that fountain Is one of the best fountains I've ever seen!!! Smile
He used Ralfveih's Fountains.

http://rct.ralf-paschke.de/fountains.html

I'll be willing to help you with some of the foliage. I'm bored and I think your park needs a more natural feel.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Im talking about the flowers, not the fountain.
I was more responding to Miracle39. I don't know what the flowers are, but some similar ones behind them are from N7's old Ornamental Shrubs set. The trellises, I'll take a guess/recommend StationJim's Gardening.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Oops, sorry, i didnt know you were talking to miracle. blush
Thanks Anyway Smile
nice park happening so far, like to see more soon Smile
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity
Thanks for all your terrific feedback.

(Apr 19, 2013, 12:58 PM)miracle39 Wrote: ….. love the fountains!!! What custom scenery did you use for them …..

I used the fountains in AzoRctMan’s Particle Effects Pack. See in the screenshot where I’ve put one, then a stack of 3 and a stack of six.

[Image: particledemonstrationa.jpg]

[Image: particledemonstrationb.jpg]

I’ve stacked them to get that ultra-tall water-jet effect. It’s all in the height of each stack, the number of stacks and their placement. Now if I could just find some particle water mist that doesn't look like fog or sheets of moving white icicles.

(Apr 19, 2013, 02:16 PM)RCTgoMatthew Wrote: I think its a water effect. Smile

I take it you thought it could be an in-game water fountain effect? It’s not in-game fountains but with my fountains like that I was definitely going for effect at the park entrance.

(Apr 19, 2013, 03:19 PM)AndrewKramer Wrote: ….. what flowers did you use in the third, fourth and fifth picture? Also, what did you use for the canopies in the fourth picture? …..

The flowers in the third, fourth and fifth picture:

Bird of Paradise (on ground near walkway) – Moki Tangram Gardens
Cannas (on ground behind Bird of Paradise) - N7’s Ornamental Shrubs - you're dead on Alex
hanging plant (in urn on pillar) – MGP Tiki Jungle
Chrysanthemums (in urn on pillar) – N7’s Mums

The canopies in the fourth picture – Polynesian Panic

The cannas come taller than this. I've lowered them 1h into the ground because at full height they ruined the overall effect of the plaza. While I am happy with the height of the bird of paradise, oddly, they would not lower into the ground.

(Apr 19, 2013, 04:15 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: I'll be willing to help you with some of the foliage. I'm bored and I think your park needs a more natural feel.

The natural landscaped effect would have come from additional less manicured foliage in the blank areas after I had placed the rides. I would have tried to make it look like the map had been all forest before the developers came and cleared some of it away for the park. Unfortunately the park’s clogged and I can’t do any more with it for now. I don’t want to abandon this park so apart from experimenting with additional structures/scenery in workbench this project’ll be on hold until I upgrade my graphics card.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.