Harrington's Americana Gardens-WIP

Looks good! I also wanna make a good park build with shyguys mainstreet sets. But I can't Frown.

Nice park!

[Image: MSPDLig.jpg]
Check out my stuff
Current projects: - Wooden duo coaster, tropical themed // B&M sitdown, jungle/desert themed

Everything was good but the lighting was depressing
Some of the CS seems to be built that way and it doesn't seem to matter how high your settings are. Anyone who's downloaded the park I entered in Build It 122 probably noticed some of the cars on the highway stopped showing after the slightest zoom-out.

(May 10, 2013, 08:53 PM)tbray100 Wrote: Everything was good but the lighting was depressing

Hmmm ..... perhaps you could have written something more along the lines of '..... but I didn't think there was enough lighting' or '..... but I would have preferred things lit more brightly.' It doesn't have to be the Queen's English or written ready to read on the news but it could have been written a bit more positively.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Hi!

I haven't experimented yet with the entrance. I hope to do that soonSmile Today I'm going to try to work some more on the park. I've decided that the story should be in bold so it can be easier defined from what I am blabbering about. ha haRolleyes

miracle39Biggrin

August 8, 2003

The park is opening only one week from today!! Yesterday, Mr. Harrington (the park owner and CEO) came to the park and was quite pleased at what he saw. He really liked the roller coaster. The janitors have already started working at the park. There isn't any trash for them to pick up from guests but they still are sweeping the paths and picking up what us mechanics litter!Tongue The first picture I have to show you today is of an aerial view of the park and the current park boundaries. Mr. Harrington hopes to acquire the some more land for possible future expansions. First of all though, his investors want to see that the park as it is can be profitable. Ok anway I'm getting off-topic!

Here's the pic:
[Image: 33e174a8-f5d2-4622-a204-650f6ea429eb_zpsa78b83fb.jpg]

This second picture here is of the zipper! In the background you can see the blue building one of our restaurants
[Image: Shot0111_zpsa7dee8eb.png]

Here is a "guest's view" on the west side of the park towards the river:
[Image: Shot0112_zps84f84e72.png]

This is a picture of the free-fall tower:
[Image: Shot0113_zpsccf0bc41.png]

These are all the photos Mr.Harrington will allow me to post right now, he wants to have some surprises when the park opens!

bye for now,
JonWink
I don't ordinarily care for a story with images but you tell yours so well that I just can't want to see what's next with Harrington's Americana Gardens! And what a great park so far!
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Thanks! Biggrin
looks nice man! You should try to use path covers for your park and the queue.
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity
I have only been able to work a little on the park I have several different things going on at once, if you know what I mean. lol

Please comment!! Criticism is always welcome!!
Anyway on with the story!!Smile

August 11, 2003

Hi everyone!

It is only 4 days to opening!! We are very very busy trying to get all last minute things ready for guests. Mr. Harrington has also been very up to date with everything going on here at the gardens. last week he came here and he was very VERY mad. One of the janitors snapped a picture of him when he wasn't looking:
[Image: df0e8541-f4d2-4daa-9cb9-64655b3165ad_zps4f4c01ac.jpg]
The construction company put in a smaller parking lot then they were supposed to. Mr. Harrington made them more than double the size of the parking area. He also had the landscape company rip out the cedar trees and place in fully grown birch trees, and may I add at quite a great expense!! It isn't cheap to move and plant fully grown trees! Here are some aerial pictures of the expanded and re-landscaped parking lot:
[Image: Shot0141_zps8c2d2e3a.png]
[Image: Shot0147_zpsa2cba40f.png]
And as you can see in this picture Mr. Harrington made the crew re-paint the sign because he thought the white kind of blended in with the walls:
[Image: Shot0144_zps4e934ac4.png]
This area here, I'm not sure what they are working on. With it being only 4 days to opening there is no possible way that it can be done by opening day. I guess the guests are going to have to walk around and know that they will have to come back to see what goes in there!Smile
[Image: Shot0146_zps997c021d.png]
Here is a 30 second tv commercial that the advertising department created to advertise the grand opening celebration:
(just click on the picture and the video will open in a new tab)
[Image: th_HarringtonsamericanaGardensgrandopeni...7da2b6.jpg]
That's all for now!

Thnx,
JonWink

ohh I came up with two ideas for the park slogan:

1. Are you going to the gardens?
And
2. See you in the gardens!

Which one is better?Smile
Very nice progress and beautiful images. Improved parking lot and lots of trees.

Harrington's Americana Gardens: See You in the Gardens!

Wow. I really like your storyline. Definitely better than I could ever do with Sahil Resort.