Harrington's Americana Gardens-WIP

Interesting concept for arranging a queue line. http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p657...3c573c.png I may start using it in my parks.

As for the quality of the image http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p657...8189ff.jpg it appears Mr. Harrington, unbeknownst to you, has commissioned Faron Fabre, a French impressionist painter, to start some paintings of your park. In this image it looks like Faron’s copying the earlier techniques of Claude Monet.

Hordes of guests rushed into your park on Sunday morning? http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p657...ce4bb2.png It’s a good thing human resources had people lined up in reserve or I don’t know how your regulars would have coped.

O-o-o-oh ….. behind that fence! We’ve read PARK Magazine, Stella Starla, one of the writers for PARK was in Americana Gardens at the time and wrote about what’s going on behind that fence ….. she had heard allegations about the park inspector and quickly discovered he was again up to his old tricks. They got video of that too but they’re currently editing it so it appears some of what he did is halfway decent! Rumour has it that Mr. Harrington has a copy of the unedited video and is seriously considering what can be done about the matter. Meanwhile it’s worked out conveniently that Mr. Harrington has plans to develop that area of the park and, because of the video, has removed the trees earlier than required.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

OMG!!! I totally worded that wrong. lol Yes, there was things going on behind the fence, but nothing like what the park inspector's reputation has made us think was going on behind there !!!:
(I'm sure everybody has seen this video b4)Biggrin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYqAMQTkJU
great park 10/10 try adding a launch coaster or another cool ride to the park ps i loved the wooden coaster Smile
(May 24, 2013, 05:15 PM)joshua roller coaster Wrote: great park 10/10 try adding a launch coaster or another cool ride to the park ps i loved the wooden coaster Smile

Thanks!Biggrin
Hi!

I did do quite a bit of work on the park, so this will be another mega-postSmile I promised I would spill some big and surprising news for the gardens, so it is located in this post! Don't be afraid though, it isn't in anyways bad news!Happy

On with the story!:

August 31, 2003

Howdy! Jon here again! I told everyone I was going to give some big news soon, so stay tuned!! Today will mark the end of the three weekends that the gardens has been open! It has been an amazing three weeks! We have had park guests from out of state and even a few from out of the country!! Yesterday, I met a couple from Germany who was visiting family in Charleston. One of my co-workers chatted with a family visiting from Australia. The number of riders on all the attractions have also dramatically increased. The Tower, American Adventure and Circus still are the top three most popular rides. The Tower as of today has had 3,970 riders! We also have counted all the admissions into the gardens so far. The number is quite astonishing at: 17, 031 guest admissions.

We finally know what was going on in the construction area towards the entrance. This past Friday we opened up the "Village Center Midway Arcade" Several guests were excited to find they are now able to play some of their favorite carnival games at the gardens. Here is a snapshot:
[Image: Shot0189_zps1456d70f.png]

The advertising and sales departments finally came out with some ads advertising season passes for the 2004 season!! They came up with a poster design that I honestly think really sucks. I guess I'll show you a picture anyway. These posters are plastered all over the gardens and around Stony Mills:

[Image: SeasonPassad_zpseab55a6b.jpg]

Another picture of the bumber cars! I think it might be one of my many favorite rides at the gardens. Rumor among the staff here at the gardens is that this picture was taken by a journalist for ABCD news and that Harrington's Americana Gardens will be featured as a new successful business on their website. Whether this is true or not I don't know. Anyway, here is the snap-shot:
[Image: Shot0181_zpsbb2c0158.png]

Mr. Harrington was at the park yesterday and was in really high spirits. It was earlier in the week though in a press conference that he revealed the big news for the future of Americana Gardens. Ok, I geuss I should just tell you now, shouldn't I? Ok, here it is: (drum-roll please)Biggrin

Americana Gardens is going under a MASSIVE 5-year expansion project which will more than quadruple the size of the current park!!!!!!Biggrin Hooray!!!

This is a current briefing of what the expansion is supposed to include (although since it is still in developmental stages things could change drastically):

1. An expansion to the west towards the river where I showed you the picture of trees that had been cleared. This part of the expansion includes:

A. A family Playground which has actually already been completed and opened! Construction had started on it a little more than a week ago and it is surprisingly done already. Of course, it doesn't nearly take as long to put in a few swing sets and a see-saw as it does to build a roller coaster. I'm getting sidetracked again!! Anyway here are some pictures of the already quite popular playground!!Smile:

[Image: Shot0318_zpsaa8b7c2e.png]

[Image: Shot0312_zps718b8969.png]

[Image: Shot0309_zpse833e30e.png]

[Image: Shot0305_zpsec61c608.png]

B. "The C.M. Hugson memorial Garden" a garden to honor all servicemen and women and their families who have served and protected our country in the military. Mr. Harrington convinced the board of directors that a park themed american needed something to honor veterans. This was a fairly quick project, because it as well is also completed and opened already. Several veterans and even the Stony Mills Mayor and West Virginian Governor were present at the unveiling ceremony this past Friday. This peaceful spot in the park is perfect to find some peace and quiet and to honor those who have fought for our freedom. The garden was named after an army lieutenant from World War II who saved several people's lives. Here are some snapshots:

[Image: Shot0298_zpscb445741.png]

[Image: Shot0321_zpse5cfe052.png]

C. The last currently planned part of the expansion project on the western side of the park: A large new "sub-area" behind Village Center on the riverfront called: "The Rivers of America" It will be themed to the American rivertowns of the midwest of the 1800s. The buildings will look kind of western but still have a twinge of the new-england style architecture. Countless new restaurants and souvenir shops will be built as well as a Steamboat ride to transport park-guests to another themed area that I will discuss in a moment. Construction on this part of the project has already started but only part of it will open yet this year. Most of the buildings will open later in the season next year. Two of the shop/restaurant names have already been released: The Omaha Steakhouse and Restaurant, and St. Louis Souvenir Shop. I don't have any pictures for Rivers of America as nothing has been built yet.

Now for the major part of the expansion project!!!Biggrin

American West themed area!!! This is a HUGE part of the overall 5-year expansion project. The current plans call for two new roller coasters to come to the park as well as four flat rides, one "hands-on" educational exhibit and one live show/entertainment!!!Biggrin Here are some pictures of some tree-clearing and beginnings of construction to the south of the current park boundaries:

This is a picture of the south side of the park two weeks ago before construction started:[Image: Shot0202_zpsfe20741f.png]

[Image: Shot0203_zps7dadd765.png]

[Image: Shot0204_zps8472457d.png]

[Image: Shot0206_zpsc3fb889b.png]

Well, I don't know specifically what rides they will be, I will tell you what I know:

A. Calamity Canyon Mine Coaster.
Little is known about this ride except what was released at the initial press conference. What we do know though is that "this coaster is going to be a heavily western/mine themed roller coaster that should be comparable to roller coasters such as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Big Grizzly Mountain" (Mr. Harrington's words) The earliest opening date is expected to be at LEAST late 2006 or early 2007. The budget for this coaster is currently $10,0000.00, although Mr. Harrington is trying desperately to try to find more sponsors to "make this a truly unique and awe-creating attraction" (more words of Mr. Harrington)

B. Pioneer Riverfront
This will be a row of various western themed gift shops, cafes and restaurants which will be located on a man-made creek/river. The county recently just approved the construction of a man-made waterfall and creek which would flow into the river behind Americana Gardens. I am expecting this will be quite a costly venture. With a current minimum of 3 new food options in "Pioneer Riverfront" and the other new ones opening with "Rivers of America" it will nearly double the amount of our already diverse variety of restaurants/cafes/foodstalls. Most of the shops/restaurants are set to open in August 2004.

C. Unnamed additional roller coaster
As little as we know about Calamity Canyon we know even less about this one. It is to be a more family coaster and not specifically a coaster for thrill seekers, but this is all that has been publicly released about the attraction.

D. Flat rides
As of this time we only affirmatively know about two of the four planned flat rides. "Buffalo Bill's Buckin Bison" and "Ross's Rotor Ride". Where they are to be located or when they will be opened is still unclear.

E. "Wild West Shoot-out"
This is the live show/entertainment attraction which I talked about above. We do know the date of the opening of this attraction: August 2004 along with most of the shops and restaurants on Pioneer Riverfront. This live show will feature several stunt performances.

F. "Wayne's Farm"
This is the hands-on educational exhibit. It is supposed to teach guests about how agriculture and livestock was so important to the old-west and the different methods and techniques that the pioneers used to grow food in harsh and unusual conditions.

3. Ok this is the last of the three "major expansion areas", although this is just a remodeling instead of an expansion. The main entrance plaza is going to be totally redesigned and re-imagined. This sounds exciting although it is not slated for completion until the opening of the 2005 season. Construction will not start until October of 2004, more than a year from now. The fortunate thing is that this should give the architects and park-planners plenty of time to create something very "wowing" and unique.

Well, I'm getting tired and I better get some rest before this weekend comes and the gardens are open again. I'll leave you with two pictures:

This is one of American Adventure:

[Image: Shot0191_zps78438ac2.png]

And Zipper on this past Saturday evening:

[Image: Shot0199_zps8b7d1d91.png]

I gotta go for now, so see you in the gardens!Biggrin

JonWink

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention, I should be able to get another update up yet this week!Biggrin

I found this set on csdepot:

http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index....;down=1855

has anyone used it before and do you think it would work good for creating the western/mine themed coaster?
Your park is coming along beautifully. These items would go very nicely in your park but they're not CTR's they're CSO's. Simply put, they're not rides, they're park decorations.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(May 29, 2013, 12:38 PM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Your park is coming along beautifully. These items would go very nicely in your park but they're not CTR's they're CSO's. Simply put, they're not rides, they're park decorations.

Thank you!Smile I got some more progress done and more snapshots taken, so I can probably get another update by tomorrow evening. I know they aren't Ctrs, I just meant if everyone thought they would look good to decorate for a "mine/western themed atmosphere". I was planning as using the coaster in this picture for that ride:

[Image: ctrpic1_zpse2e8714c.jpg]

It's from DasMatze's CTR pack 2
The cars in the picture will make for a unique and suitable mine/western themed ride. However I'd kill the supports and put something rustic and wooden in their place. It would be quite a tall order to cover the track with something else. If you were planning to use them with the ride in the picture (either with replacement supports or existing supports) I think the CSO's in the picture aren't quite right for this.

Hi Everyone!!Smile

I have already got quite a good start on The American West section and Rivers of America!

(May 30, 2013, 02:32 PM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: The cars in the picture will make for a unique and suitable mine/western themed ride. However I'd kill the supports and put something rustic and wooden in their place. It would be quite a tall order to cover the track with something else. If you were planning to use them with the ride in the picture (either with replacement supports or existing supports) I think the CSO's in the picture aren't quite right for this.

That was a sample picture when I downloaded the ctr. I haven't quite started work on the coaster. Mr. Harrington said that Calamity Canyon would be one of the later things to come to American West.

I am not even done with a fourth of the American West section and I am already experiencing severe lag.Frown I had thought about plans for additional themed sections at the park but it looks like they will have to be "sister-parks" of Harrington's Americana Gardens. But that is still VERY VERY FAR into the future if it even happens, so I will focus on the present!Smile:

September 12 2003

Howdy!! Jon here again!! I just had to say howdy since all the talk around the park is about the coming Western themed area: American West!! It's been about two weeks since I gave you an update and a LOT has happened at the gardens. The playground has grown to be a guest favorite, American Adventure unfortunately has had some unexpected delays and shut downs, and of course some major construction on the expansion project. I have LOADS of pictures to share with you today!!! First of all I will show you what I know you all want to see; here are some photos of American West construction!!:

Photos of the construction on the man-made river "Pioneer Riverfront" as of a week ago:
It looks like they are making a waterfall as well!Smile
[Image: Shot0207_zps5dad51ce.png]

[Image: Shot0209_zpsc9bf05bc.png]

Some aerial shots of the Pioneer Riverfront river and the borderlines of American West section:
(these shots were also from last week because "Wayne's Farm is just about done and it is even shown in these pictures)
[Image: Shot0215_zps48c777ed.png]

[Image: Shot0216_zpsacd58adf.png]

In these shots I can see a ride arrived on those trucks and that "Wayne's Farm" has came quite a ways:
[Image: Shot0218_zps73475fab.png]

[Image: Shot0219_zps52210e05.png]

These are some pictures of an unnamed restaurant on the pioneer riverfront:
[Image: Shot0228_zps02bf5303.png]

[Image: Shot0226_zps07138a97.png]

It looks like the educational exhibit for American West "Wayne's Farm" is just about done already!!:
[Image: Shot0225_zpse25b6cdc.png]

That is all for right now about the American West section, but I do have two photos of construction progress on The Rivers of America!!Smile

The first building is about done already! It is supposed to be a restaurant, although the name for it hasn't been released at this time. It isn't open yet but some guests have been getting a sneak peek!! As you can see the building also shines beautifully at night!:

[Image: Shot0328_zpsc501656a.png]

[Image: Shot0329_zps2967e7fa.png]

Today marked the 5th weekend and 13th day of operation at Americana Gardens. It might seem early being only mid September but Mr. Harrington has released that the gardens will be open for just one special weekend in December for an Americana Gardens Christmas festival! The board of directors are very weary of operating Amusement rides and getting people to come to an event when it most likely will be very cold and snowy. The winters around here can be very harsh and drastic. If this occasion goes on as planned we will have to make sure we have PLENTY of hot cocoa!!Smile Here is a prototype poster that our advertising department came up with for the event:

[Image: christmasposter_zps19865fb0.jpg]

There also was some fabulous news for the gardens recently!! Amusement Park Review Magazine rated our parks food and eating options and gave Americana Gardens an A+ rating!!!Biggrin This is a quote from the magazine article:"Harrington's Americana Gardens should be called diner's delight! This park is uniquely different than any other park I have been to; offering amazingly cheap but delectably tasty food, healthy and organic options, severely reduced kid's meal's rates, and of course the wide variety of different food options from exquisitely gourmet French and Italian cuisine to the traditional american burger and fries all at a quite reasonable price .

Well, the crowds are already starting to pour in for the day, so I need to get back to work and test all the rides before Mr. Harrington gets mad at me!!

See you in the gardens,
JonWink

Ok, this is now me out of character and just miracle39 talking:

What would YOU like to see done with Americana Gardens? Should American Adventure be ripped out and a more thrilling coaster be put in? Should Mr. Harrington give the park some new lighting and paths? Would some re-imagined landscaping spruce up the park atmosphere?
Plz comment below and tell me what needs to be done!Smile
wow looks very good! keep up the nice work Smile
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity