RCTgo Forums

Full Version: I got NoLimits!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I bought NL cuz I can, and I think I've gotten the hang of most of the tools, I still suck at inversions, though. Anyway I was wondering if I can import Google Earth Terrain into NoLimits. In the SU Warehouse, you can use the terrain with the satellite texture to help you make 3D buildings for GL. So, does anyone know how to take this terrain and make it into NoLimits CS?
Well cool! you have no limits! But I've never heard of stuff like that, but you can create terrain with a few things built into the program and there is premade inversion elements that you can access and put into your coasters instead of making it yourself.
How do you use the pre-made ones? Maybe I can edit them to my liking without completely destroying it.

Anyway, I just need to know how to make NL CS. In sketchup you can use Google Earth's Terrain Map with the satellite image on top to use as a guide.

I'm doing this because (As you may know, Carowinds is my home park and also my favorite) I saw a Legoland Park on Google Maps, and you can basically use it to see all the information about Legoland. There's even street view through the entire park! Then I looked at Carowinds, and all it had was the outline and the name in the middle. So I went on a quest to put in all the information I can on to Google Maps so anyone can use the information to learn about and get around the park (I know, it sounds stupid, but it's kind of fun). I thought the ultimate way to contribute to Google Maps (Technically it only works on Earth) was to create the rides in no-limits and upload them as 3D buildings. So yeah, that's what I'm trying to do.
Well for the inversion elements you go to file and then insert element, then select if you want it to go left or right and make it what size you want.

And the cs is what im not sure about but you can ask all about that on here - https://nolimits-exchange.com

But it may be possible to create it with the stuff you use but im not sure.
You can import 3ds objects to No Limits.
Yea if your really creative u can use google sketch up and make as realistic and if you willing to spend some money or if u have a animation 3d creator and have good creativity you can bring it to life...
Yeaaaaah, I think I'll stick to only roller coasters. I suck at 3D modeling otherwise.
yeah hope to see some creations soon! and I just tried newton and its VERY confusing, I may keep trying to get the hang of it though
oh boy, i remember when i first used newton a few weeks ago. avocado, it still is confusing.
(Jul 13, 2013, 05:02 PM)DorneyPark5 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah hope to see some creations soon! and I just tried newton and its VERY confusing, I may keep trying to get the hang of it though

(Jul 13, 2013, 08:31 PM)Drew_ Wrote: [ -> ]oh boy, i remember when i first used newton a few weeks ago. avocado, it still is confusing.

Have you guys watched Entropy's tutorials yet? They are very helpful. The key is to understand how entering certain g-forces affects the shaping of the track. Once you do that, you can create almost anything and have it have perfect gs. Its really a phenomenal software.
Pages: 1 2