RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Forums Upgraded to MyBB 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am proud to announce the forums have been upgraded to the latest and greatest version of MyBB. A huge collection of new features are included, and I've just summarized some of the most noticeable here:

Quicker Quick Reply, Thread Rating, and Mark Forum as Read
Quick reply now adds your reply without reloading the page, making replying to threads even faster. You can now rate threads from both the forum listing and from the thread listing, simply by hovering over the number of stars you'd like to give the thread and clicking. Marking forums as read has never been easier - just click on the forum status icon on the forum home page.

Updated Buddy Management and Private Messaging; Refined User CP
Buddy management has been completely redone with auto-complete for buddy names (and users on ignore), and the buddy list popup has been redone as well. Plus, you can now send private messages to five users at once, with BCC support (meaning you can "blindly" send users PMs). Also, you can select recipients from your buddy list when sending a PM. The User CP has also been cleaned up in general, with a refined interface that makes it much friendlier and easier on the eyes.

New Member List
The member list has seen a huge update, with a complete interface renewal and new advanced search tools. You can now see users' avatars right from the member list, along with their last visit, join date, and more.

Warning System
We've had a warning system for quite some time, but it is now included with the forum software. As we configure this further, we'll be updating the forum rules with information about how we will utilize the warning system. We probably won't have to use this system at all, but it's there in case we need it! Wink

New Smilies and Post Icons
You may have noticed the new smilies and post icons already - these are the new default ones included in 1.4, and I decided a change would be great for the forum! We still have our huge collection of smilies, however, by clicking "Even More Smilies." Biggrin

There's so much more included; this is just a brief overview of some of the most noticeable features and updates. If you're really interested, you can check out the 1.4 feature tour on the MyBB website. It provides a much more detailed overview of the new features in MyBB 1.4.
Cool! I like the smilies! I was like, boring, boring, boring, :exclamation:! NEW SMILES!!! I think that the other things will be very useful though.
It's great to see that we are running MyBB 1.4! Smile