RCTgo Forums

Full Version: I need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Tired of onyl playing others scenarios, I started to create my one. This schould be my first one:

To place a challenging start and to represent typical Switzerland (not by adding banks, clocks and chesse ;-) )

The scenario is a wintersport resort that now should be opened to summers love. There are already 2 rides from that winter scenario (and to other are hinted at, but they are simpley not available at summertime ;-) )

[Image: 9423328023_849527ea53.jpg]
Where tram and chairlift meet

The Tram (Watzenblitz) and the Chairlift (Watzensee) which also provides (or so I think) the roundtrip for skiers at wintertime.
[Image: 9426094598_c23bd817d7.jpg]

Watzenblitz has 4 stations, Watzensee 5. Only 2 of them all already have something to visit, although one is shared, so that would be 2 for each.

One of the stations contains a "restaurant" a accumulation of footstalls, carefully selected and combined with a view to die for... well that is a few years old and credit belongs to the winters schift, but anyhow...

... as soon as I start the scenario I'm flooded with messages that there is either no entrance or no exit for one of those predefined rides. And while in a first debugging session I found two problems repairing them changed nothing :-(

So I attach a download link and hope you guys may tell me, what is wrong? Download Link:
Watzensee
I opened your park and checked it out. While the layout is interesting and charming there are no paths for guests to access the decks on which you have placed ride entrances, ride exits and stalls. You can do one of two things:

1. Add to your path system so the guests can get up to the decks and to all areas of the park where you want the guests to be, or
2. Open the park in scenario editor and remove the guest generation point arrow after which the guests will appear at random throughout your park without your having to change your existing path system.
Thank you, FlightToAtlantis.

It took the second option and it worked. I still got some work to invest though, but I think tonight or tomorrow I can publish it :-)
Btw. Can I make regions unedible (builduing over it would be OK) where there are rides and stalls? I really would like to have the lift, tram and the ski slope area preserved for the wintersports team ;-)
I spent hours of playtesting. It is a pretty hard scenario, and I will lower the Tycoon challenges. The tram worked, but only after I deleted one station where the trains aways got stuck, I didn't find out why the trains won't start from there.

After a while a problem occured with the Chairlift stations. The Watzenseeblick can only transport very few people and since new peeps are now spawned all over the map where there are ways the restaurant and the one station above get pretty filled with a lot of pissed peeps that have to wait ages for a ride and can't do anything else. I had to create ways to both stations wich fixed the problems but it really hurts the visuals if I include it in the scenario (and I wanted to not give too many content at the start time).

[Image: 9429585833_42c357f4a2.jpg]

Espacially riding the Tram is a feast for the eyes, even more so when the park is a bit more developped. The peeps seem to share my view on this ;-)

While playtesting I wanted to dual use the ski slope and lay a bob sled ride down there, but when I done that I had so much speed left that I had to add trackpeaces after trackpeaces, until the sleds were slow enough to head for the station. Thats a 2 .5 minute ride now... wow.

[Image: 9429585579_0ef4d5d892.jpg]
Some examples:
[Image: 9429820197_e1fee413dd.jpg]

[Image: 9429820639_a751d7be06.jpg]

[Image: 9429819841_aac75eac3f.jpg]

[Image: 9432594122_e9a64e58b7.jpg]

[Image: 9432591716_58ebe2d3b4.jpg]

Edit: One more
[Image: 9432594658_d0b07b23e5.jpg]
It's done. After a lot of playtesting, balancing and polishing, I present: "Watzensee, A Midsummernights Dream"

The solution for the Chairlift problem was quite simple. Up the number of carts and reestablish the arrow after there are enough visitors. I'll see that I produce a Video and when I got that I represent the Scenario in another post :-)
The bobsled looks unbelievable. I've downloaded your park and can't wait to ride it.
Oh, that is not part of the scenario, but I can upload the savefile with the bobsled, just give me a few minutes ;-)

OK, here is the savefile

But remember, this is from a beta version of the scenario, so don't use it to really play the scenario ;-)
No, I'll place the ride in a blank sandbox and ride it there. I'll be sure and post a comment.
Pages: 1 2 3