RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Featured Coaster Compitition tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those of you who enter featured coaster compititions, but never manage to win, I have some advise.

Most people judge a coaster on how good it looks, so the appeal is very important.

First off, When you build a coaster, it's all about the excitement. If it has a good ecitement rating, it is a good edition to any park. This is because peeps will want to ride it. It may even boost the appeal of the coaster! Crazy head-spinners can't always win, though it is a strategy.

Second, you can't leave a coster black. Throw some color into it, it always makes it look better!

Third, you don't need custom scenery to make a coaster look good and win (although it does help). You can easily pull it off by adding a small lake, or a couple of trees under the coaster, do a little landscaping, anything like that will help.

Last, but not least, it helps to name a peep David Walsh and pressing ctrl + U so that the user interface will dissapear. This also makes the screenshot look better.

If your wondering why I posted this, I'm tired of seeing poor entries that have no pizzazz! We need to make the compitition worth while, if that makes sense.

So I hope this helped. If you have questions, leave a post.
Nice tips, my friend.

I'll be sure to follow those when I enter in future FCC's.
Thanks, my friend. hehe.
I hope that others read and use these tips. The FCC would be so much more fun if they did. Can I enter a coaster that I've already uploaded to RCTgo?
(Aug 4, 2009, 04:08 AM)G-Force Wrote: [ -> ]Can I enter a coaster that I've already uploaded to RCTgo?

No, it cannot already be uploaded to RCTgo.
Why not?
After a poll is complete and the winner is announced, all of the entries are converted to regular downloads. Allowing entries that are already uploaded would result in duplicates.
Oh, I see.
Ok. I was planning to enter the next FCC. But I was too lazy to make a new coaster for it. If I could, I would have entered twisted velocity. Time to get working on a new coaster!
Yeah and my best tip:
Always put different scenery around it and put the scenery u saved with the coaster and tell them that if u download it then it includes scenery in the screenshot.
Pages: 1 2