RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Sorry for the downtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi everyone,

I am terribly sorry for the downtime that RCTgo has experienced for the past two weeks. A hardware component failed on our old server which caused the outage; however, attempts to get in contact with the owner of the new server were mostly unsuccessful. As a result, I have decided to return to our old host, and am restoring the backups that I do have.

Fortunately, I have database backups dating to around November 3rd, so I do not think we lost any posts or threads, or any downloads data. However, I only had a files backup from the beginning of September, so a number of download files - about 80 - have gone missing. Once the main website has been restored, I will be working to contact the creators of these downloads in order to obtain the original files again.

If you know you uploaded downloads within the past two months, please send me a PM and I will give you a full list of the downloads you uploaded that are missing, including file names.

Thanks for your patience during all of this, and I hope we'll be back up and running completely soon!

Justin
Current status of the restoration:

11/14/2009 2:52 PM EST: Everything is fully functioning. 78 downloads are missing their files. Those who uploaded downloads after September 3, 2009 have been contacted with a list of their missing files.

11/14/2009 10:26 AM EST: Website has been restored. Downloads are being uploaded. About 80 downloads from the past two months are missing.

11/14/2009 9:39 AM EST: Forum is restored. Some posts may be missing. Moving on to the restoration of the main website.

11/14/2009 8:18 AM EST: All forum files appear to be restored. Some attachments from September and October may be missing. Testing of the forums will begin. They will be open as soon as possible.

11/14/2009 9:09 AM EST: Forums database imported. Working on restoring forum files. Forum will be back up before main website.

11/14/2009 8:50 AM EST: Decoding database backups.
Hey, could you possibly send me a PM when the downloads get back up. I'm currently trying to go through every link on the CS list, and would just like to make sure that the links to here on the CS list are in working order when the downloads are back up.

~veryConfused~

Editor of the CS List
Well, at least it's back.
It's ok, without RCTgo, I was bored!
Sad that this had to happen but im very grateful were back up. Stuff happens.
Glad it's back up and running!
Heh...I remember Justin saying RCTgo will be secured till June 2010.

(Jul 8, 2009, 10:23 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]That was indeed the case. We were down for about 4 months because of it. No worries for now, though - we currently have rctgo.net secured through June 2010. Smile

I hope that there will be no server probs, crashes, and downtimes in RCTgo.
The domain is currently secured through June 2010. The 4 months of downtime we had in 2008 was the result of losing our domain, not because of a server failure.
Yes. Also glad to see we haven't lost very much activity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5