RCTgo Forums

Full Version: P.O.E
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Chim, do you made the pov/park video??
I've made the pov!!!!! Finally know it how it.
(For others: Ctl+Shift+F11)
Now I must do a small park video and finally put them together in windows movie maker!!

Here's the video

(http://youtu.be/dY3-YoZs6SQ)
In my opinion, this was well done.
Everything was OK untill the file crashed for no reason (i deleted some trees and the saved it)
nice. all it needs is the brakes tweaking at the end so they dont suddenly stop the car. just decrease the speed of the previous brakes a little more and it should be fine
Supermoose, the file is crashed ^^
POE is promising. While many elements are still to improve, you did many things right. The supportwork looks decent to me, and I like your efforts on using several coaster goodies sets - such as a anti-rollback device, custom brakes and station gates. It shows you make some research or at least care about the details on your coaster.

I also notice the terrapainting effort. Many people overlook terrapainting, therefore I'm happy you tried to vary terrain textures a bit. It still lacks finesse, but I can understand since getting terrain shading right takes a lot of trial and error. The trouble is your textures do not blend with each other but rather
form separate blocks. In my opinion, the transition between different textures should be smoother.

Here's an inspiring example of terrapainting :

[Image: shot0011.jpg]
Conquistador by Brawly

In the picture, Brawly uses various shades from the same colour to make his ground look very detailed. The key is to use a main texture (mud here), combined with numerous small patches (1x1) of textures such as craked mud, pink rock and light sand. It takes some practice to get the balance right but the results are quite impressive.

Greets,
Portem!ne
Pages: 1 2