RCTgo Forums

Full Version: [WIP] intamin double coaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have had this CTR for a while and never did anything with it so i decided i would give it a go, also its nice not to be doing a B&M.

not too sure on what theme to go with yet, anyway, here it is.

[Image: ijlFTwc.jpg]
[Image: ZIHEOMt.jpg]
[Image: fj9XZJx.jpg]
[Image: fnQn0un.jpg]
[Image: z3Pl8bo.jpg]
[Image: OcdmijH.jpg]
started the supports. they are more of a B&M style but im not sure how else to do them

[Image: AHMTJq9.jpg]
[Image: 2YyeXPi.jpg]
theres some really good arrow support packs
Yeah, watch my video for inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZIAi7ehxTU
(Jun 1, 2014, 07:16 PM)richardye1 Wrote: [ -> ]theres some really good arrow support packs

i do have the saffarijacks arrow pack but i dont think it would look right having the supports that high on the lift hill. i will give it a go anyway

(Jun 1, 2014, 07:17 PM)PioneerRock Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, watch my video for inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZIAi7ehxTU

not too sure how a wooden supported track is inspiration when i am using steel supports
got around to changing up most of the supports. just need to do the lift hill and figure out how to get around 2 problems.

[Image: mAyBCYX.jpg]
[Image: Y9NORJc.jpg]
[Image: BKINNUm.jpg]

i am not sure how to tackle the top of the overbank and part of the helix. none of the supports line up with the overbank, and the supports go through the track on the helix

[Image: FD2MIhU.jpg]
[Image: w2HjZxQ.jpg]
That layout is super cool. But I hate how hard it is to support vekomas realistically.
yeah, the lift hill is probably going to end up a big mess of scaffold supports. i was thinking of using the slope supports then sticking an angled support on from moby's steel jungle to make it look more stable, only thing is it wouldnt really look very realistic
managed to get a decent looking support system for the lift hill. i will give them a proper concrete base and give them footers to make it look more realistic. i like how the towers lined up with sections of the track too, give it a little interaction.

i had to use the same tower supports on the top of the overbank, it doesnt look great but it works for now. i also had to use a cage to support the helix and that just looks stupid by itself so i will try and get more of the helix in a cage to add some 'near miss' parts

[Image: psFdzfO.jpg]
[Image: DzwJtO3.jpg]
[Image: kCqZ9Ox.jpg]
one last update, im calling it a night.

tidied up the scaffold supports and gave them a proper base and footers. just need to tweak the station as the second scaffold supports just clip through the corner.

[Image: sscScy8.jpg]
Pages: 1 2