RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Ironballs designs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first coaster in RCT3, a twister deep in a custom built mountain oasis.. anyone know any quality CS packs with a wide assortment of realistic trees? I was surprised to see that rct3 had such a crappy tree selection compared to rct2.

Also, is there any way to sync the mixmaster thing to go off every time a train leaves the station? or barring that a way to put lights along the track?

will post a download for the coaster when im done with all the scenery and whatnot.

[Image: Shot0006.jpg]

[Image: Shot0018.jpg]

[Image: Shot0016.jpg]

[Image: Shot0013.jpg]

[Image: Shot0012.jpg]
very nice. old spice has some tree sets with a good variety of trees and bushes
I have installed old spice but cant find where the sets are ingame. The trees list is the same as before and theres no added section in the main scenery tabs. Its all good tho, kinda went in a bit of a different direction and hoping to get it into the build it competition. Smile

And started on another coaster...

Going in i knew i wanted a monolithic giga coaster and some sort of desert theme...

[Image: framework_canyon.jpg]

Starting with a blank sandbox i decided to go with some sort of canyon. this is the first step of shaping my landscape.. broad cuts to give me a rough foundation with which to work.

[Image: layered_canyon.jpg]

After the foundation was mostly cut i use finer tools to add detail, layer by layer trying to make the landscape feel alive.

[Image: colored_canyon.jpg]

once i was mostly satisfied with the landscape i went in with different textures. again going layer by layer with small strokes to make it feel as natural as possible.

[Image: layout_canyon.jpg]

happy with the landscape (minus a few tweaks here and there) i began the layout. This giga coaster is massive at just over 8800 ft in length; it features a mind numbing 550 foot drop and tops out at 125 mph. It rides smooth as silk tho with preliminary basic stats of 8.72-E, 7.58-I and a surprisingly low 3.71-N. With 40 seconds of airtime youll think you grew wings Wink

My main problem thus far is supports. Im very much open to suggestions on how to make 300 ft supports not look ridiculous. The only thing ive been able to make work is thicker pipes with flanges and beefy footings but it just feels kinda plain.
The scenery could use some work. The supports I don't like Frown
CS sets are all over the place in this game. you are just going to have to wade through all the scenery options until you find them
(Jun 8, 2014, 11:37 AM)chimalion70005 Wrote: [ -> ]The scenery could use some work. The supports I don't like Frown

Ya, i didnt like the supports either. completely changed and added quite a bit more scenery.