RCTgo Forums

Full Version: [REL] Orkan & Vulkan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While on vacation in Italy for a week, I made these two coasters as a side project. Orkan, the Intamin Mega-Lite that's more like a Blitz, is the first one to be released. Or as from my description: It's supposed to be in a Danish park (hence the Danish name), and themed to look like a recently built coaster, with lots of sand still lying around, a lack of grass, and just recently placed foliage and new buildings. I've never seen anyone do this before so I decided I'd give it a shot, and though I must say I'm quite happy with the result, it's nothing special and honestly, quite boring without the abundance of foliage or theming. Just newly built coasters and sand, lots of sand.

Some pictures and then I'll be moving on to the POV, haha.

The simple modern station with an old look:
[Image: bHs8jfn.jpg]

The coaster:
[Image: V8F7C8r.jpg]

And the random restaurant that's just there to be there. Really, nothing to see here.
[Image: ZzZpLKg.jpg]

and finally, the POV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzRcy08OFVY

Thanks for viewing, and feedback is appreciated!
wat is this? where are the replies to this beautiful creation? Anyways nice job Silvarret! Biggrin
(Aug 9, 2014, 06:42 PM)Colts18to87td Wrote: [ -> ]wat is this? where are the replies to this beautiful creation? Anyways nice job Silvarret! Biggrin
Sry Colts, i was busy but know i found time to check out Silvarret's work here Smile

"Orkan" looks nice as allways when Silvarret create coasters.
Layout is short but nice and its an cool Intamin "Mega-Lite & Blitz" Hybrid Wink
Foliage/Sceneray is nice, too.

One thing that i dont like are the yellow colors of the supports, it reminds me a little bit to the "IKEA" Coaster and if Silvarret mean with "Orkan" a heavy storm/wind than i would prefer white or grey supports.
But thats only an personal opinion about colors and not really a critique on the design itself.

POV/Video were also good.

Again, nice job from you Silvarret Smile

Lg Cheleste
Thanks for all your nice comments guys, Vulkan is released too now!

Here's the station.
[Image: r4iHwvE.jpg]

The tilt section.
[Image: k91fqoH.jpg]

More tilt section.
[Image: sb2Gekz.jpg]

The first section of the coaster.
[Image: r6AdWIi.jpg]

And of course there's a second section too.
[Image: djWJlqm.jpg]

More second section because I figured this picture was pretty decent.
[Image: 4JWDVlu.jpg]

And the POV for y'all -\/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2waCqOm-pY

Thanks for watching! Biggrin
avocado you make these rides so fast! How?

Also, you know what would look good next to that? A blue/white dive machine.
Looks really nice, i love the colors really much Smile

I'm not a fan of a second lifthill on coasters (mine-train coasters can have more) but thats nothing for criticsm.
The pacing is good and smooth, layout the same and foliage (good as allways from you).
I think Silvarret hasn't any bad days on his life, were he made mistakes or anything else Tongue

I cant find anything to suggest. Its nice, good and solid job. Well done.

@Blu:
I think that the people in the Netherlands have to much freetime! Tongue
Maybe thats a reason why Silvarret can build good things in an short amount of time.
Remember, he was on Vacation, so he had enough time to play RCT3 Biggrin

Lg Cheleste

PS:
Colts18to87td, this time the replies for Silvarrets work are more and faster than by "Orkan Wink
^ yeah thanks, and of course, summer vacation. And it's not even so much how much spare time you have, but also what you decide to do in it! I've been dedicating a lot of time to RCT3 lately.
Looks super nice! Smile
Both coasters are nice and have there own charme.
I like "Vulkan" a little bit more, in fact of that this is a rare type of coaster in reality and even not be often build with RCT3.

Foliage and Scenary are pretty well done and fits.

Summer vacation, huh? No wonder that you upload a lot of your creations xD

Soo long, Cobra Cool