RCTgo Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Dragonfly - B&M invert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
this is my entry for DAI3, it is very work in progress right now (obviously). i have the track layout and that is pretty much it, still deciding on a theme to go with and a name.

[Image: 0HK8J23.png]
[Image: IptTtlb.png]
[Image: eSHmKe7.png]
[Image: jjZcxEC.png]

unfortunately, i dont know where to go from here. i dont have any CS sets on my laptop yet so until i do that, i cant do any scenery.... and i dont know what to do with the ground/terraforming. right now i cant picture anything in my mind.
DIA? Design invert an?
Ok...

Layout looks fun.
you know what i mean
Not a bad start, i think.
As toofpikk said, looks fun. Smile

Well, i would work next on the terrain.
Because if you build scenary first and than terraform it, the scenary can go messy.

The importent part is the "theme/idea" for it. Without any idea its hard to work on the terrain and/or scenary. That it is currently "unnamed" speaks for itself, that you haven't any idea in mind.

But you have enough time for this, so take your time and think about it.
Infact of that "Colt" finishes his "DaI3" entry we others can improve/change parts of our design (layout/foliage/colors) Wink

Good luck btw, SuperMoose93

Soo long, Cobra Cool
I agree with Cobra above. The layout looks decent with a nice run of elements and a good pace. You also used diagonals which is useful to make the coaster feel more realistic and off-grid.

I also think that you should start with terraforming and terrapainting. It's pointless to make the supports first then to re-do them as the landscape has changed. You can try different colour patterns which will give you examples and clues to which theme you can choose for your coaster.

For inspiration, in addition to Silvarret's very helpful Let's Plays and Tutorials I recommend you Cartus's Tutorial which is one of the most complete and detailed RCT3 tutorial I've ever seen. Moreover, Mousketon2 is a pretty good creator who successfully tries his hand at numerous and very different themes for his coaster. You should look up at his channel, I'm almost positive you'll find a theme that you like and suit your coaster. (My favourites of him are Blue Wave and the Manhattan Spirit btw)

Hope this helps. As I said before, this is a decent and promising start. I wish you good luck in the comp.

Cheers,
Portem!ne
the layout looks nice, but I think a barrel roll at the end instead of the hills would seem better.
agreed, terraforming should be the first thing done as said above
Well, there is only a layout here so lets take alook at it.

As the others wrote, it looks nice. What i woudl change is the use of the barrel-roll for the "Zero-G-Roll".
The "inline-twist" trackpiece works better to create a Zero-G-Roll in my eyes.

A barrel-roll is better usesd for an "Heartline-Roll/Jo-Jo-Roll", i think.

So you should be change only the "inline-twist <-> barrel-role" parts, because on the start you used the inline-twist as an jojo-roll Biggrin

Anyway, the rest of it looks nice, but maybe a bit short in the end.

Really importent would be to think about a theming and a name for your creation.
Without an idea all the next steps are really hard.
So i would think about a theming/name first, than start the terraforming/terrapainting process.

Cheleste
just a quick update. after sitting on the project for a week or two i am still undecided on an overall theme but i am leaning towards 'Dragonfly' as the name so it will lead to more of a fantasy style of themeing.

i am still not too sure what i will be doing with the terrain with the rest of the coaster, i dont want it just hanging in the air no way near the terrain.

anyway, despite not having a clear idea yet, i have got a bit of progress done and got most of the cave completed. i will be placing a bit of foliage in the cave as well as lanterns (if/when i find a CS set with lanterns on a stick). dont worry, the colour scheme isnt final....

[Image: yE4e5yF.png]

[Image: v1OIPqr.png]

[Image: gdgn7pS.png]

[Image: 7JAdRwE.png]
That color-scheme, definitely keep this! Smile

I'm not sure about the waterfall inside your cave. Currently the peeps can see it only from the station but without an interaction. If you change the first curve into a banked one (like in real) than the waterfall becomes a "foot-chopper" effect and maybe some guests will become wet feet Biggrin

The cave itself don't look that bad, its only really WIP-status. I would suggest that you should think about the landscape around it. Because if you want to terraform the land beside the cave, all the scenary objects can be displaced and all the work before was for nothing. And something you'll need beside the cave, because something should cover the stones that spikes out of the land.

Next thing is that the station is really close to the cave part, this could be interesting how you'll create a station. Maybe an inside station right into an rock formation, or only some parts are inside of an rock.

Could be interesting, but i looking forward to this Wink

Cheleste
more cave stuff.... its pretty much done other than the ceiling. i raised the ground around the cave so the tops of the rocks dont stick out anymore.

[Image: fzsam5A.png]
[Image: xM9KqBr.png]
[Image: 6YDFmyF.png]
[Image: kjoCCDw.png]
[Image: V9OuYvv.png]
[Image: 1ZvcH61.png]
[Image: mvU7wlc.png]
[Image: XUDNBc5.png]

i really dont think i will have this done in time for the dai3 deadline so i might just make it a normal project
Pages: 1 2 3