RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Contest Entries - Corvus {DAI3}
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is my B&M Inverted coaster for toofpikk's DAI3 Contest! It has a the First Generation B&M Invert cars, because I wanted it to look like Batman The Ride.

Alpine Building:
[Image: fS6Ngn5.png]
Layout:
[Image: uMk6riZ.png]
Windseeker and Drop Tower:
[Image: 9IE8MGL.png]
Overview:
[Image: gybNilI.png]
That's all for now! More to come.
Your layout looks realistic - it's the standard B&M really. The supportwork is fairly good too, even though I am not a big fan of the colours. With orange supports you could try a Tatsu scheme with red/yellow rails.

[Image: k0e00007n1gct4002ude00.jpg]

My major point of criticism would be the terraforming. Don't get me wrong, I know this is still very much WIP, but your river needs some more "smoothing". By that I mean that there are still far too many spiky angles on the coastline which ruin a little the actually pretty shape of your river. Here's a cool example of water terraforming imo :

[Image: highla20.jpg]
Highlands by Cartus

As you can see there are still some angles but they are less numerous and less prominent.

I hope you don't mind my criticism and I have been constructive to you. Good luck for the comp !
Portem!ne
Well, i disagree with Portem!ne, i quite like the colors. Wink

Layout looks like old "B&M" style, but its a bit short.
Supports build before terraforming? That ends up with alot of rework later on.
Because i don't think you will build only on flatland. After watching other ones "DAI3" designs, a entry without any terraforming has no chance for a win. So most support work could be for nothing if you terraform the land below.

Some water besides the coaster isn't that bad, but an interaction with the track, maybe below the loop could be more interesting for the peeps. (like the ponds below the loop on Nemesis Inferno)

The flatrides, well, i don't know why some people build flatrides near the coaster.
Because its an "Design an Invert" and not "Design an Park/Area".
But they can give some atmosphere later on. Wink

Cheleste
This looks really good so far!

I'm not the biggest fan of the colour scheme, just like Portemine, but it's not that bad either, and it all just comes down to personal preferences anyway. Layout and supports look good - nothing out of the ordinary, but realistic and to the point.
(Sep 30, 2014, 04:54 PM)Silvarret Wrote: [ -> ]This looks really good so far!

I'm not the biggest fan of the colour scheme, just like Portemine, but it's not that bad either, and it all just comes down to personal preferences anyway. Layout and supports look good - nothing out of the ordinary, but realistic and to t
he point.

Thanks! Since I have done alot, I'm not gonna change the color scheme. Anyways....

UPDATE 2:

I added another alpine building for decoration. I'm gonna add the path railings soon, of course! I had alot of fun also with finishing the supports, starting the station, and playing around a little bit with the trees/rocks. I'm not done with this ride, but hey. Updates are updates! Smile

[Image: au2GiC6.jpg]

[Image: 88YXFg0.jpg]

[Image: cxK7nvB.jpg]

[Image: scBGPlS.jpg]

[Image: 42E0JBa.jpg]

Personally, I am in love with the station! StationJim is the best for making those helpful sets! Smile
Tell me what you think! All feedback is appreciated, and it will only help me to improve! Thanks!
Being lazy won't help you score points. Every detail will be accounted for.
(Oct 1, 2014, 10:24 AM)toofpikk Wrote: [ -> ]Being lazy won't help you score points. Every detail will be accounted for.

LAZY?!?! I'm working on this really hardly!!! I'm also adding some more, it's not done!! Frown
Chim I think he was talking about when you said "Since I have done a lot, I will not change the color scheme"
UPDATE 3:
The foliage is has reached it's completion, the POV will be out shortly! Here are some pictures!

[Image: tfweJfc.jpg]
[Image: yv0IDzE.jpg]
[Image: cCtgFkG.jpg]
[Image: 8yG66Sm.jpg]

Anyone suggest I do something before I make the video? Thanks!
yes, what is up with that giant hill in the background, also, pls more ground foliage, i suggest ornamental shrubs for underbrush and beach fence for the grass.
Pages: 1 2