RCTgo Forums

Full Version: La Push (B&M Stand-up)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Welcome to my update thread for my upcoming work, La Push. La Push comes from something pretty lame but I'm dedicating this to my long-time girlfriend (she wanted me to). Back when I was a big player on the Aircoaster app, I made a coaster that pretty much gave me a name there. I called it La Push. Sadly, I got the name from the Twilight movie as when I was a kid, I watched it with my family. It was the beach all the kids go to in the first movie. I have mixed feelings on the saga....Anyways, around that time that I first uploaded my coaster, I met my girlfriend. Maybe it's just a good luck name? Not sure, but my coaster wasn't the first. I made a series of 14 or 15 coasters with the same name and everyone loved it. Including the app developer, who barely rated/commented on a track, he even chose the track to be a demo/guideline coaster for his education app, Coaster Physics.

Name: La Push
Manuf.: B&M
Inversions: 6
Colors: Orange/Black
Type: Stand-up

Ok so I'm finally working on my favorite manufacturer but having issues with Moby's Steel Jungle on the lift hill.

[Image: RjiENus.png]

I know how they are supposed to go on a B&M but does this look right? Something is off. So I stopped working on that part and just started putting the B&M Connectors everywhere I need them. I was using the Moby's Steel Jungle v2.

Let me know what you guys think....keep or throw?
personally i would ditch the cross beams, and use steel jungle V1
How do you think I should do it?
i like v2, but id say ditch the lower cross beams for sure
agreed with above, and i think you should make the lift hill supports similar to mantis, or any other b&m standup
Most modern B&M's use minimal supports on their lift hills, they usually have about 1 crossbeam and on diagonal underneath to enable them to only use about 4-5 supports.

[Image: 9mhpX.png]

[Image: hyper13.png]

[Image: 045_7_0.jpg]
Thanks for the help guys. I'll be streaming around 8-9 tonight if you guys want to watch.
Ok so I have been working on the station for La Push....

I'm trying to go for a modern/alpine feel. The coaster also shoots underneath the exit and out the top part of the station. Peeps exiting the ride will have the chance to view the riders as soon as they get off. But.....it's hard to build right now. I am completely stumped as I feel it's too big of a station.
(Feb 18, 2015, 06:15 PM)Blu Wrote: [ -> ]Most modern B&M's use minimal supports on their lift hills, they usually have about 1 crossbeam and on diagonal underneath to enable them to only use about 4-5 supports.

[Image: 9mhpX.png]

[Image: hyper13.png]

[Image: 045_7_0.jpg]

hey that 3rd screenshot is leviathan at canada's wonderland, with dragon fire in the background, ive been there before
Got any updates?
Pages: 1 2