RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Timberland Terror - Intamin Launched (WIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to Timberland Terror, an Intamin Launched coaster that flies through an abandoned alpine village. The village was destroyed years ago in a massive fire and many lives were lost. Ghost now haunt the massive mountain side where Sapphire Park now sits.

[Image: PZKXjGK.jpg]

Get ready to explore this haunted village starting with a launch at 70 MPH! Climb up into a vertical hill towards the sky, giving you possibly the last view of the park before the village takes you.

[Image: qeUHLFM.png]

[Image: XQ6u8js.png]

[Image: nO2UlCR.png]

[Image: fk1eayH.png]

[Image: FzQUvu9.png]

Layout - 100%
Supports - 100%
Footers - 90%
Flanges - 0% (I am very lazy right?)
Scenery - 60%
Shrubbery - 70%
This is looking amazing!Smile
Where's the "abandoned alpine village" that was destroyed years ago in a massive fire?!
I only see new looking buildings. The Station and also the stone/castle structures need some damage to represent the abandoned theme.

If you go for a storyline behind a coaster, than it's necessary that the scenary gives more/less the look of it.
The station could be build like the one from "Swarm". A burned house with missing roofparts and other things. This counts for the whole theming, if you say a village, than the guests needs this to see somewhere.

Other than that, it looks good. Colors are nice, foliage and landscaping, too.
Logo needs some rework, currently it looks to plaine. Could need some interesting stuff in/on it.
A burned alpine house maybe? Wink

Cheleste
The 2 alpine buildings you see are mixed with these sets:

1. Ghost Manor (wooden walls)
2. Miscellaneous set (burnt walls & Floors)
3. SG Alpine
4. Ralfs Midievel

The station is modern as is the rest of the park. I wanted it to feel modern as it's not connected to the actual abandoned village. The village is still in construction and I'm open to any opinions or suggestions.

I need new path covers for the abandoned village. I can't find anything that is going to fit the theme. Anybody have any ideas for the village?
Any I wasnt going to let the guest see the village unless they ride the ride.
There is a small contradiction in it, because if you go for a modern looking park than some backstories for rides won't fit good enough.
And if you go for specific stories behind your coasters, than everything should fit to the theme.
Every mix can destroy the immersion of a ride.

So it would be best to think about it which way you want to go, a mix of both aren't a good choice in my opinion.

As for the abandoned village path, you can go for everything that looks like ashes.
After a big fire, there isn't any normal looking street/pathway.
For the abandoned village buildings a use of "StationJimJr. ApocalypticThings" could help.
It has some broken wood parts in it, also brickstone, that is useful for an alpine village style.

The Station could need some rework, looks less interesting currently.
But it doesn't need to be an abandoned one, like Cheleste said that "Swarm" has.
What happens if the rain comes? Right, guests will be wet infact of waitng.
I don't know if they build some kind of roof over Swarm's Station, to provide people getting wet.

A church could be an option for the station, everything was destroyed by the fire, but not the church/station. Would make sense in some way Wink.

Other than that it looks good.

So long, Cobra
the station has a glass roof (modern/alpine) fitting the parks theme as a whole. It doesn't affilate with the abandoned village as the story is that the park built around the village. I was gonna add more detail but you actually jus gave me an idea. I love how the station currently looks. Quite happy with it, especially with my amount of the games experience. I'm just going to add to it. As for a roof around the queue line, not all rides have that. Who sits at a park in the rain anyways? Not a lot.