RCTgo Forums

Full Version: (Work In Progress) Ophangen - B&M Invert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I'm back and ready for some summer coasters! It's time to start something. My new coaster is going to be an Inverted coaster, hoping to be similar to Nemesis at Alton Towers.

At first, it wasn't going to great. I had finished a layout, but then got stuck there Frown
[Image: NpaksiI.jpg]

But then, after I watched a couple of YouTube tutorials, this came upon my works!
[Image: 3ds5F36.jpg]

[Image: sfONfTB.jpg]

I was amazed with myself. I had never thought I would build something this realistic in the short time that I have played RCT3! Comments and improvement feedback is appreciated.

-Junkin Duncan, the half complete Imagineer.
Well Duncan, for your first CS Wip, it looks good! Instead of a bunch of comments where I forget to add something, might as well keep it all in one lol Smile

Whilst the mountain of rocks looks pretty good (Better than I could do), I would recommend adding a river or stream going through some part of it because there is always some sort of body of water on a river or mountain, right? Anyways, when the coaster goes through that turn in between the interlocking corkscrews, if I was you, then I would add some rocks around it, to make it look kind of like a mini-tunnel, because all of the inverted coasters that I have been on (I've only been on 5 of them blush ) have some sort of a tunnel during the ride. My last idea is that you should add different railings on the paths, instead of the ones from Shy Guy's sets, not sure which set you used for the railings but I would recommend like Xistic's, Ralfvieh's, or Weber's sets for railings, because they look better in realism.

Please keep in mind that you don't have to do what I said, these are all just ideas of (hopefully) help.

Regards,
-Imagineer Josh/chimalion70005 - The Full Imagineer
It looks nice so far, I like the layout and the way the first few bits of scenery are layed out.

Its hard to comment or criticize anything because the theming could go in any direction, so i wont head there...

I do like chimalions idea of adding a water feature in somewhere, and maybe you could make it an alpine theme? Ive always liked that theme myself.

Overall it looks like a great start and im looking forward to seeing where it will go! Keep up the good work! Smile
(Jun 18, 2015, 03:34 PM)chimalion70005 Wrote: [ -> ]Well Duncan, for your first CS Wip, it looks good! Instead of a bunch of comments where I forget to add something, might as well keep it all in one lol Smile

Whilst the mountain of rocks looks pretty good (Better than I could do), I would recommend adding a river or stream going through some part of it because there is always some sort of body of water on a river or mountain, right? Anyways, when the coaster goes through that turn in between the interlocking corkscrews, if I was you, then I would add some rocks around it, to make it look kind of like a mini-tunnel, because all of the inverted coasters that I have been on (I've only been on 5 of them blush ) have some sort of a tunnel during the ride. My last idea is that you should add different railings on the paths, instead of the ones from Shy Guy's sets, not sure which set you used for the railings but I would recommend like Xistic's, Ralfvieh's, or Weber's sets for railings, because they look better in realism.

Please keep in mind that you don't have to do what I said, these are all just ideas of (hopefully) help.

Regards,
-Imagineer Josh/chimalion70005 - The Full Imagineer

Thank you chima, yes I will use your tips for my coaster.

(Jun 20, 2015, 06:28 AM)KonaE4 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks nice so far, I like the layout and the way the first few bits of scenery are layed out.

Its hard to comment or criticize anything because the theming could go in any direction, so i wont head there...

I do like chimalions idea of adding a water feature in somewhere, and maybe you could make it an alpine theme? Ive always liked that theme myself.

Overall it looks like a great start and im looking forward to seeing where it will go! Keep up the good work! Smile

Thank you for the tips Kona, I will take these into action once I feel I should at the right time Wink

I would like to share with you guys that I joined the Creators' Lounge: http://thecreatorslounge.com/index.php?/...entry13023

=UPDATE 2=

The coaster has been improved from how it was in my first post! I added the lift supports, lights, gardens, and a lake! It looks just beautiful now. I'm excited for when my coaster here gets released Biggrin Giddy as a school boy, one might say.

Here is the coaster right now with it's lift hill supports.
[Image: Sj3CvRE.jpg]

Here is the Hopper CFR with the lake in the background.
[Image: OCX3HR5.jpg]

Questions, comments, or feedback? Drop it in the comment section Wink See you later for Update 3!
Well, update 3 is finally here! I also registered on SGW, but I'm waiting for an admin to approve my account.

Anyways, I have done some architectural work!

Here is the building after the first drop.
[Image: btYZLrr.jpg]

Smaller castle wall.
[Image: eSMGgb8.jpg]

The third thing I did was the start of the station! Just a little punk building Wink
[Image: C1Vo8xk.jpg]

And the transfer track!
[Image: XKb9nbl.jpg]

Yes I know they are not the best buildings ever, but it's my first attempt at it. Feedback is most appreciated Smile
UPDATE 4

The station is finally almost built! I'm proud with it, and the coaster is, of course looking great too Smile

Just a teaser for you guys...
[Image: Yf4Btn.jpg]

It's my first good station, so I think I did great.

Feedback incoming, right? Wink More coming.
Looks really nice!
Unfortunately, Duncan just announced that this project is scrapped...
Nope, by "You know, screw it" I didn't mean it was done for! Just that I wanted to make an Intamin. Ophangen will be continued as we speak Smile
Ive Heard The Alton Towers Smiler Crashed Sometime This Year Or Was It Last Year IDK What Year It Was
Pages: 1 2