RCTgo Forums

Full Version: [REL] Jurassic War - Compact B&M Floorless - RIDE IT TODAY!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
War is coming.

[Image: DlMx5G0.jpg]

Coming soon to a Universal theme park near you, Jurassic War is an ultra-compact B&M floorless coaster.

[Image: Gl6w0y7.jpg]

JURASSIC WAR STATS

LENGTH: 3,996 feet / 1,218 m
HEIGHT: 80 feet / 24 m
DROP: 110 feet / 33.5 m
SPEED: 58 mph / 93 km/h
INVERSIONS: 10
TRAINS: 4, 20-seat trains (5 rows of riders seated 4 abreast)

Isla Nublar and the Jurassic World theme park have been largely abandoned following the events of Jurassic World. However, a secret government agency has returned to the island to begin weaponizing the dinosaurs that roam the island, specifically the Velociraptors.

[Image: 1MU9sxS.jpg]

Riders are dropped into the "raptor pit" jungle as they duel other trains throughout the twisted, nearly 4,000-foot course.

[Image: 6CEIAQ9.jpg]

The coaster contains two major "firsts" for manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard. It's the first B&M coaster to feature 10 inversions, and the first B&M coaster to feature a mid-course launch.

[Image: YFLzEHI.jpg]

This overview shows a large amount of the course. A pre-lift inversion is hidden, however.

[Image: 1MU9sxS.jpg]

While Jurassic War stands only 80 feet tall, the first drop plunges 110 feet into the "raptor pit."

[Image: FmfvDDZ.jpg]

The coaster duels with itself throughout the ride.

[Image: ZeYEYdA.jpg]

The trains will dispatch at set intervals to allow for multiple close encounters.

[Image: mrLxpAu.jpg]

There is still much work left to do before a video is ready.

[Image: RmhinuJ.jpg]

Stay tuned. More previews are coming soon!

- - - - -

Jurassic War - RIDE IT TODAY!

The wait is over. It's time to venture into the raptor pit.

Your adventure begins after the events of Jurassic World in the research facilities on the nearly deserted Isla Nublar, home of the ill-fated theme park.

A group of government officials have returned to the island to weaponize the remaining Velociraptors – an endeavor that played a role in Jurassic World.

Riders depart the station and navigate through the island’s rocky terrain. A barrel roll flips riders head over hills – a 180-degree turn transitions into the 80-foot-tall lift hill.

[Image: QXDeFs1.jpg]

The train then plunges near-vertically 110 feet into the “raptor pit” testing ground. Riders enter a double-inversion bowtie element – a first for a Bolliger & Mabillard coaster.

The bowtie element transitions directly into the first vertical loop – which syncs with a train completing the second half the coaster’s 3,996-foot layout.

A sidewinder inversion turns the train back toward the core of the raptor pit. The train threads through the first vertical loop and plunges toward the ground, entering the first of three “cages” meant to slow the raptors. But as learned in Jurassic World, nothing goes according to plan. The first of the two cages “launch” riders rather than slow them. The first launch leads into a large banked turn.

The second launch is considerably more powerful – launching riders from 40-58 mph and into an inverted turn. Riders then maneuver an inclined loop before maneuvering a dizzying ground-hugging chase sequence toward the second vertical loop.

Like the first, it syncs with a train completing the first half of the coaster. A sweeping turn begins the return to the station, but not before a zero-g roll 40 feet above the ground.

The ride concludes with a “flatspin roll” element that leads into the brake run.

[Image: aBXP5f1.jpg]

JURASSIC WAR STATS

LENGTH: 3,996 feet / 1,218 m
HEIGHT: 80 feet / 24 m
DROP: 110 feet / 33.5 m
SPEED: 58 mph / 93 km/h
INVERSIONS: 10
TRAINS: 4, 20-seat trains (5 rows of riders seated 4 abreast)

[Image: YKhnF0u.jpg]

JURASSIC WAR INVERSIONS

1. Barrel Roll
2. 3. Bowtie (2)
4. Vertical Loop
5. Sidewinder
6. Inverted Turn
7. Inclined Loop
8. Vertical Loop
9. Zero-G Roll
10. Flatspin Roll

[Image: 6Oa4iAA.jpg]

Let me know what you think! I greatly appreciate your feedback.

For more Jurassic War, follow me on Facebook and Twitter. See more of my videos on my YouTube channel.
well this is awesome
Yesss, CD5 is back! Great avacado ride
Love this! Can't wait for more Cool
Wow, this is amazing!
(Jul 26, 2015, 03:24 PM)Drew_ Wrote: [ -> ]well this is awesome
Thank you!

(Jul 26, 2015, 04:57 PM)chimalion70005 Wrote: [ -> ]Yesss, CD5 is back! Great avacado ride
Thanks! It's great to be back. I'm excited to share the finished product with you guys.

(Jul 26, 2015, 07:50 PM)Junkincoaster Wrote: [ -> ]Love this! Can't wait for more Cool
Thanks!

(Jul 27, 2015, 10:55 AM)Maverick360 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, this is amazing!
Thank you!

- - - - - [/align]

Jurassic War - Update

[Image: LLaZ52a.jpg]

Work on Jurassic War's load and unload stations has begun. There are still a few finishing touches left to be completed.

Stay tuned for more coming soon!

In the meantime, follow me on Facebook and Twitter for additional previews. And be on the lookout for the coaster’s video on my YouTube channel.
Jurassic War - Update

Work continues on this twisted mess of steel known as Jurassic War!

[Image: t0cxLnW.jpg]

The entrance area is beginning to take shape. Yes, two animatronic Velociraptors will greet riders as they enter the queue.

[Image: WeVwsBl.jpg]

The pre-lift section including the first inversion is coming together nicely.

[Image: 1IVtEWw.jpg]

As many as three trains will be able to on the main track at once (with another in the loading station).

Stay tuned for more updates! Keep the feedback coming. I greatly appreciate it (and use it).

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for additional previews. And be on the lookout for the coaster’s video on my YouTube channel.
Jurassic War - Update

A few finishing touches here and there are all that remain before video production on Jurassic War begins!

[Image: RZAUNoB.jpg]

The entrance plaza now has a spacious restroom facility, lockers and more.

[Image: XUwxH6T.jpg]

Here you can see one of the four "cages" that trains pass through. Haven't we learned that Velociraptors aren't meant to be captured?

[Image: DA2rsAn.jpg]

Landscaping work continues, but everything is coming together quite nicely. Stay tuned for more updates!

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for additional previews. And be on the lookout for the coaster’s video on my YouTube channel.
This is looking better and better!
^ Thank you!

- - - - -

Jurassic War - Update

Filming has officially begun for the Jurassic War video! The video should be released within the next two weeks.

[Image: WUK9BAx.jpg]

A large portion of the Jurassic War course keeps riders low to the ground, weaving in and out of a twisted mess of steel supports and lush vegetation.

[Image: XxSyCBh.jpg]

The overbank turns provides somewhat of a reprieve from the twists, turns and "headchoppers" of the raptor pit.

[Image: gCgAUHz.jpg]

Stay tuned for more previews!

Pages: 1 2 3