RCTgo Forums

Full Version: Warning to everyone that downloaded anything created by the user "RCTparkmasterTCR"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if I'm posting this in the right part of the forum, couldn't find the right place.
But this is REALLY important and everyone needs to get this warning!!

A user (read topic) has uploaded parks and structures such as "fantasy land" and "Railstation something (Don't remember exact name) and both of these has been in the featured section with LOTS of downloads. 

The .exe file in those downloads actually installs a bitcoin-miner to your computer! 
This is illegal and obviously not good since it takes up a large portion of your computer CPU. 

This is something that a anti-virus program won't detect since it's not actually a virus. 

To everyone who downloaded any of these structures/parks;  check for shady processes running.

P.S   I'm sorry for any grammar/spelling-errors, english isn't my native language.
Never download any custom scenery with an .exe file, and even if you do, do not ever execute them.
Good to know for the future, thanks guys

@adlit - Don't worry about grammar/spelling errors for not being a native speaker you do quite well.
I would never use a exe. that I didn't know. I would just shred the file.
You should, ofc, never run an unknown .exe file. In my case I didn't see the .exe file until I unzipped the zipfile. I suspected that something wasn't right when I saw it so I (with help from my boyfriend who works with IT-security etc) checked what it was and discovered that it was a bitcoin-miner. But since the park was a featured one and had lots of downloads and people commenting about how nice it was so I assumed that people have clicked the .exe file.
The two downloads in question have been removed and the uploader has been banned. I will look into preventing .exe files from being uploaded within zip files for a future update to the website (they already cannot be uploaded directly).

If you see any similar downloads with .exe files, please flag the download for review -- I will receive an email and remove the download.
Thanks for letting me know I appreciate it.